Drive status unknown in Ustealth

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BTW Ustealth is meant to hide other drives wich are not familiar with the standart format wbfs. And is for stopping the nag around of the WiiU, wich calls everytime to format other drives wich are not wbfs like ntfs or fat. So wbfs drives (WiiU games on it) dont need to be hide.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out which byte prevents ustealth from hiding the drive, but the problem is that the drive is no longer available once you change it. do you have data on the drive? unfortunately, the only way I could find to allow hiding the drive as well as seeing the drive in windows is diskpart. you'd have to reformat the drive. I just fixed one of my drives, so try this for the first three lines, which I've concluded affect this. you may not have to format then.

33 C0 8E D0 BC 00 7C 8E C0 8E D8 BE 00 7C BF 00 06 B9 00 02 FC F3 A4 50 68 1C 06 CB FB B9 04 00 BD BE 07 80 7E 00 00 7C 0B 0F 85 0E 01 83 C5 10

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the above app will fix your boot sector 0, but it still doesn't allow you to hide the drive for some reason.

edit: you have to fiddle with the third line, because I discovered that's where the size of the drive is stored.

timtimFR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi Guys !

I think I've found an easier solution to this issue :

Diskpart is a better tool for windows than disk management. It's built in. Google it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1. Click on your start menu.
2. Type "diskpart" without the quotes. You dont need to click anywhwere after you click the start menu. Just follow the directions and type "diskpart" without the quotes.
3. It may prompt you for admin rights. Just click allow or yes
4. In the command prompt window (the black screen) type "list disk"
5. Make a note of which disk is your external drive.
6. Type "select disk 1" or whatever drive is your external drive.
7. Type "clean"
8. Type "create partition primary"
9. Type "select partition 1"
10. Type "active"
11. Type "format=ntfs quick"
12. Type "assign"

Your disk is now fixed. Format it as you please

Source : https://gbatemp.net/threads/ustealth-may-have-bricked-my-usb-drive-please-help.488152/

PS : At the step 11, just skip it and write "assign", it will pop up a window telling you to format it.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had forgotten about this post, anyway, do not use that hex sequence. disk part is really the only way to fix this sort of problem. I did some tests of the third line (not sure if it's the same for all drives), but for me, it referred to the size of the drive, so you can manipulate how much space is actually shown. this won't increase or decrease the actual space, and I'm sure changing it can cause major problems. this is originally done at the factory. disk part will correct it if it's corrupted, but it won't be the same hex sequence.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock