OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Yeah that's what I did
smile.gif

Seeing Wasabi DX I installed was not working on a D2Nothing drive, fiddling with it, finally broke the thing. What can I do to fix the cable there? Any suggestions..

I'm talking about this btw,

beforeibrokeit.jpg

And a weird thing Wasabi DX doesn't work with that drive but softmod works... Drivechip is a D3-2 lookalike with nothing written on it... It seems one of this

1. Wasabi DX I got is faulty
2. Wasabi DX is not compatible with this drivechip (still it's interesting it can be used with softmod)
3. Or this drivechip is an interim one working with softmod but not with hardmod

Another thing, I've got another drive modded with a messy d2c pro chip, lots of wires... I need autoboot feature and it doesn't support it. I'm bad at soldering so would it be ok if I cut all the kynar wires close to where they are soldered and install wasabi dx chip to that drive?

ps1: Also that d2c pro chip has a feature so that you can disable it... What are my chances If I disable it and use the wasabi dx on the drive cable?
ps2: Same story here : http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.ph...ta-Cable-Socket , but possibly I will not be able to find that replacement thing and even if I find it I'll not be able to solder it in place.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well without mentioning much about the other things since a) I know little about hard mods and b) my attention span is shit this late at night (or early in morning...)

However, I suggest you go troll the NDS Hardware subforum for a bit. If I recall correctly, there was a fix someone found (which should work for you too since the NDS and Wii both have the same damned type of ribbon connector... pains in the ass they are). It involved taking a piece of paper folding it in half and shoving it on the top of the ribbon cable I believe. Sadly, that is all I remember from it, that it had to do with paper when someone broke the clip :|

I would search "broken clip" in the NDS forums, see what that turns out for you. But long story short it just was too wedge something in there to force the cable down to make contact. A ghetto fix at best, but one that should work for a bit.

I wouldnt even bother trying to solder a new connector on if you had one lol... that soldering is WAY too small...

And I would suggest that you didnt cut the wires for the chip, and either attempted to solder it or have someone do it for you. But this is just me liking to do things the way they are intended to be done; I have ZERO firsthand knowledge of hardmods, only what I have read here.

Anyway, best of luck man, hope you can fix it without buying a new drive (If you do need a new one, i saw either new or pre-owned D3-2's on ebay for 17 USD, my friend got one. Didnt fix his isues though, I think something else is wrong with his wii...)

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
plasma dragon007 said:
If I recall correctly, there was a fix someone found (which should work for you too since the NDS and Wii both have the same damned type of ribbon connector... pains in the ass they are). It involved taking a piece of paper folding it in half and shoving it on the top of the ribbon cable I believe. Sadly, that is all I remember from it, that it had to do with paper when someone broke the clip :|

I would search "broken clip" in the NDS forums, see what that turns out for you. But long story short it just was too wedge something in there to force the cable down to make contact. A ghetto fix at best, but one that should work for a bit.
This. I use that trick to repair a lot of those connectors. You can have the best results with a single thick piece of paper.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Thanks everyone, stuffing something along with the cable is a good idea. Actually I too have thought the same thing after posting it here
smile.gif

Maybe it would be better to glue the paper to the cable so each time I need to remove it would be easier...

About removing D2C Pro (31 wires), I'm asking it to a modder... I guess it would be ok if I cut the wires at the modchip end and line them up in parallel over a paper keeping them out of contact...

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
To finalize it here,

I've removed the D2C Pro off my D2C drive, cutting each wire at the modchip end... They were kynar wires, I just pulled some of them out (ones that are on the 3rd side of the drivechip to leave the rest to make at most 90 degree apart)

The others I just used a double sided tape and lied them over that tape then covered them with another tape...

Installed wasabi dx to this drive and I got it working...

About the other drive, I'll use stick the paper trick..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He found out how much the ambulance ride was going to cost lol
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, so one the salesman told him would get him bitches
    +2
    In my experience women like a big shift stick with lots of power.
    Something that really burns rubbers
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only thing a nice car will get you is a gold digger. What happened to falling in love, no matter if I'm on a bus, or driving a nice car. No offense tho, I do like nice cars.
    +1
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Always remember that