Hardware Drifting joy con switch in warranty sxos

CrazyRach82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the noobie sort of question. My Nintendo switch currently has a drift on the left joycon. My switch is still in warranty, but has sx os installed. Will it be ok to send the joy con back to Nintendo? I'm pretty sure it will be, but I just want to be sure they wont be arsey.
Thanks

nonamejohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, you can send them back. If you don't believe me, just buy a pair of analog stick replacements from ebay to fix the drift.

Gritherdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i fixed my drift by applying a little bit of running alcohol on a Q-tip, getting it underneath the little rubber flap, then spraying it with a keyboard duster air can, i did it a couple times to make sure,
than I re calibrates my joy con, works great, I actually take the entire thing apart and get just the knob to do this, but you can probably just do it with it all together. This saves about 70$ for more Joy cons, and it only cost me about 4$ for a can of air.

Reactions: CrazyRach82

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the video above probably explains this, but the drifting issue is common. It seems like a single piece of dust underneath the rubber flap under the joystick will cause this issue. I've been able to fix this issue by using a straw to blow air underneath the flap and thus clearing out any dust.

But yeah, if you can't fix it yourself, I don't see how there could be any problem just sending a joycon in to Nintendo as it's not like cfw modifies anything about the joycon.

DanaGBirrell

Trophies
XP
I've had this happen to two left Joycons. It's a real pain in the ass - cannot believe the quality of controllers of this generation of console in general. I've fixed one of them multiple times, kind of getting old =/

Reactions: CrazyRach82

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.