WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heeeeey kids! Its me again, with another adapter question! YAY!!!

So i will be wanting to use my Dreamcast arcade stick with my 360 when SF4 comes out (and with SF2:HD too) if theres any way possible. Its an amazing stick and i would LOVE to pick up a new one... but "why?" if i have one thats possible to use!

Now, are there any adapters that would allow me to use my DC controllers w/ the 360? Would a DC -> USB adapter work? Or would i need something special?

Hell, would i need a DC -> USB -> 360 box? (i saw one that lets you plug USB/Keyboard/Mouse into a 360 and allows you to set buttons) I'd like to keep it to as few adapters as possible, but if those two are less expensive than a new (read: good) arcade stick, i might go down that road.

Thanks!
smile.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaxxster said:
I have no idea, but just thought id comment on the fact that in just buying a simple adaptor there could be a problem in mapping the buttons.

Nah, i was looking at this one.

360 USB/Keyboard/Mouse adapter

Not FROM there, but its a quick pic and reference point as to what i'm talking about.

If you look on top of it, there's button allocation switches. Dunno what they'll do, but i'm assuming its for mapping buttons.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
DC->USB by itself won't work. DC->USB->360 Keyboard/mouse thing. If the DC->USB adapter doesn't need drivers, then it might work, if it needs drivers, then it won't. Doubt it will work very well as it's expecting a mouse and keyboard and is set up for that (dead zone adjustment etc). The buttons along the top aren't for mapping anything, they are turbo buttons. You also need a wired xbox controller as well, as that thing has to use the authentication chip from it for it to work.

So probably better to get a proper 360 stick, as you're going to be looking at getting a DC-> USB, USB->360 Mouse & Keyboard thing and then on top of that, a wired 360 controller. So even if it did work, with that many adapters, one not even designed for it and a wired 360 pad thrown in, I'd expect some serious delay.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* ok, thanks. Yea, i'll probably have to drop the cash on a new stick for SF4 purposes. Sad. Oh well, i still gots my MvsC2 going on on DC and the stick works BEAUTIFULLY there.

Thanks for the info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/ajurvXsCdbo?t=225