Dreamcast controller mods?

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Inferior_Design, Feb 23, 2009.

Feb 23, 2009
  1. Inferior_Design
    OP

Member Inferior_Design GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I wanna stick a circuit board from a Dreamcast controller inside an N64 controller shell, essentially having an N64 controller to play Dreamcast games.

I've done some measuring and found that on the N64 controller the slot for memory/rumble pack is big enough to fit a Dreamcast VMU. The circuit boards are roughly the same size, except the DC board is oddly shaped. All I really have to do is figure out how to chop up the DC circuit board so that it fits in the N64 shell.

Or Same idea except DC board in the small XBox controller.

Does anybody know where I can find information or diagrams of the DC controller circuit board?

Has anybody seen other DC controller mods? I'm interested in blowing the dust off my DC and I think modding would be fun.

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    dunno only seen mostly Dreamcast to Dreamcast-Arcade stick hacks [​IMG]

3. Inferior_Design
    OP

Member Inferior_Design GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well I have seen an NES controller wired into the DC controller. But to me it looked ugly since the DC controller is plugged into the console and then there's a wire running out of the back of the DC controller to an NES controller. I'll try an find the link.

Found it.
    NES controller for DC