Dreamcast backups ?

Kanadon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you want to get the bin2boot cdda version, then it works with the music.

I dont understand why people still post these old kalisto bin/cue releases, they are not dummied, so slow loading times and when there's cdda tracks involved it gets even more difficult because most sites with dreamcast tools are already dead...
So what do you suggest we do? Some people are saying scene releases are the most reliable, you say different, who to believe?

Question about using Alcohol to burn: does it support CDI format?

GameGeezer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I dont understand why people still post these old kalisto bin/cue releases, they are not dummied, so slow loading times and when there's cdda tracks involved it gets even more difficult because most sites with dreamcast tools are already dead...

So what do you suggest we do? Some people are saying scene releases are the most reliable, you say different, who to believe?

Question about using Alcohol to burn: does it support CDI format?

Find releases that are "self boot" versions no matter what the image type is. Alcohol 120% does support the CDI format.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

bin2boot cdda only seems to work either on service pack 1, or without the service packs (Can't remember now). Still some rips are about which have CDDA buy arn't self boot and have never been released complete with self boot. Mr Driller and Chu Chu Rocket come to mine.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes for some of the old games you have to dummy/selfboot them.

And yes the scene releases are reliable, but you have to understand that most of the kalisto releases are still from the bootdisc time, kalisto released 1 or 2 selfboot games, then they quit the scene and echelon took over. They only released selfbootable titles but there was no need to re-release all the old games since you can dumy/selfboot them yourself. But still its alot of work. I was a member of dcforums, but too few people cared to reply to my post when i uploaded something so i quit there. I've released chu chu rocket a few times fully dummied/selfboot with working music, but it looks like people only want to spread the official releases.

Kanadon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Could somebody walk me through proper burning with Alcohol? I'm trying to burn the Kalisto rip of Shenmue. Simulation mode runs smooth but when I do the real thing, it stops at 14mb.

####################### Dumping/Recording Progress Log #######################
01:58:51 Processor info: AMD Athlon™ XP 3200+ (2200MHz)
01:58:51 Memory Available to Windows: 458,220 KB
01:58:51 Memory Buffer size: 128 MB
01:58:52 Image file loading: L:\New Folder\###dreamcast\kal-smu1 - Shenmue (2000) (NTSC)\KAL-SMU1.CDI
01:58:52 Source Info: Session: 2, Track: 2, Length: 687.6 MB / 078:14:18
01:58:58 (E:) HP DVD Writer 400c(2:0): Recording Method/Speed
01:58:58 Recording - RAW DAO - 12X (1800 KB/Sec)
(E:) HP DVD Writer 400c(2:0): RAW DAO Write Mode - RAW-PW(96)
01:58:58 (E:) HP DVD Writer 400c(2:0): BURN-Free activated
01:59:33 (E:) HP DVD Writer 400c(2:0) - [Write Lead-In area ERROR]: 2550 - 11549
S:KEY - 03/0C/00 - "Write Error"
01:59:33 (E:) HP DVD Writer 400c(2:0): Recording failed!
01:59:33 Error message: [03/0C/00] - Write Error
01:59:33 (E:) HP DVD Writer 400c(2:0): Recording failed!
01:59:33 Image file loading aborted!
01:59:35 Something is wrong with the recording procedure! Please check the log file and report any errors to Technical Support.
##############################################################################

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try burning it with alchol set to RAW/DAO mode. If that doesn't work try burning .CDI file using discjuggler. Always answer no if it asks you to fix the image.

Kanadon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DJ worked fine even on the highest speed, which I forgot to change. Do you know what settings are best for it though, for future purposes? What does "adding post-gap after 3rd party images" mean? And what's the use of changing the number of blocks?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill