Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wait... what kinda batteries do they need?
CR-2032 x 2
smile.gif

mcsquared

Trophies
XP
Country
you only need batteries if you're playing the mini games or re-arrangin your savegames on the vmu instead of the DC, they fork fine as a mem card with display running off the DC's power

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I stopped replacing my DC batteries ages ago. You can't fit one mini game on them and not that many saves. Its a shame they made them with so little storage. You can get the batteries for the dreamcast on ebay. Can't remember how much they sell for.

Found a tutorial for the AA/AAA or 9v battery mod below. Couldn't find one with pictures though.

http://devcast.dcemulation.com/mods/vmubattery/battery.php

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
if the batteries are empty it will make this *peeeeeeeeeeeeep* noise everytime you turn your dreamcast on, i was getting so sick of it that i disconnected the speaker wires in the vmu
smile.gif

but the nice thing is it still works with games, on virtua tennis you can see the playfield in 3d on the vmu screen
tongue.gif

decept

Trophies
Website
www.decept.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a US Black Dreamcast that came as part of the Sports Package which is esentially a Black Dreamcast, NFL 2K1 and NBA 2K1.

All my 100+ Backups work without any problems.

DC-SportsPack.jpg

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
best app for burning dc games? Without a doubt alchool 120... Like Djgarf (sry if i got the name wrong) said, he burned over 300 dc games and never had a problem, and i back this for i did the same, discjuggler, clonecd or whatever other app just doesn't compare

iza

gbatemp, the new crack
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
okay, so i finanly got the DC. i aquirred crazy taxi-kliapo (sp?), MvC Remix(i'm guessing a fan edit), and i'm enroute to getting more. unfortuantly my i wont be able to get back on usenet till friday, so i've been using alternative means. but anyways, back to my question, the crazy taxi one came in .bin and .cue files after extracting. but none of the prog's i tried worked... i used alcohol 120, nero, imgburn... all of em would kick it back saying it was invalid. any ideas? (edit: could it have been corrupted? didnt come with pars...) the marvel v capcom was in .cdi form and disc juggler worked fine (only got to test it, not play it) but any tips of getting them from .cue to .cdi is appreciated. also, i dl'd that utopia think, but it's a boot disk, i thought there was an autoboot patcher around... if any of this is a simple google search away let me know, my work blocks almost any results on google..

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I just can't get Chu_Chu_Rocket_USA_DC-KALISTO working =/. When I extract it and click on the UNPACK.exe, I get all the .wav files. I tried burning the .cue with alcohol 120% but it was fucked up, audio was like it was scratching or something. So then I tried dropping the bin in the bin2boot gui tool and i got an image.cdi of about 100 MB. This one was selfbootable and fully working, but I didn't get music in the stages :\

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you want to get the bin2boot cdda version, then it works with the music.

I dont understand why people still post these old kalisto bin/cue releases, they are not dummied, so slow loading times and when there's cdda tracks involved it gets even more difficult because most sites with dreamcast tools are already dead...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters