Hacking Dreaded Black screen! Cant play Fire emblem/Animal crossing.

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For about 4 months when i first tried to play fire emblem: Radiant dawn( US ,purchased legit from store: Original disk) on my modded japanese wii, i stupidly allowed it to install the firmware, and as an end result, semi-bricking it.

Just fixed it with brick blocker yesterday(Finally got around to it) and yet fire emblem still: Radiant dawn still doesnt work!

It recognizes it in the preview screen, and as soon as i click start, the screen goes black, and i have to unplug the wii in order to restart it.

Then i downloaded Animal Crossing: City folk(US), mainly because it was a small file with many seeds at the time, download finished in a mere 1 hour and a half. And upon burning it, same problem with fire emblem T_T

And i re-downloaded CF from another source, and used the trucha solutions, and still didnt work T_T

Currently download the new Tales of symphonia(US), boom blox(JAP), and captain tsubasa(JAP) via bittorrent.

Boom blox and ToS should be done in about an hour(after 12 hours) hopefully these work.

Quicknote: I do not have any other wii games or burns(Have access to brawl but... you know, nor have i seen any wii games work on it other than when purchased)

But is there something im not doing? Since AC, and FE are made by nintendo themselves, is it possible they have some anti-piracy data in them which is preventing me from playing them?

Please help, the nintendo addict needs his fix, and DS no longer cuts it for now.

Additional info: Gamecube Games work fine.
Type of modding: Modchip, wiikei 1.9
firmware: V288 installed using BB http://www.coderetard.com/wp-content/uploa...te-JAP-v288.rar
Type of DVD's used: DVD+R
DVD burner: Sony 20x dvd burner
Burn software: Nero 7 express.

pirye525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it might be because you have a jappanese wii and are trying to use diffrent region games try launching them through geckos

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright, hope thats what it is.
i'm rather fluent in japanese, err, well enough to understand simple instructions.

But i do want to play games such as rpg's like fire emblem and ToS in english
frown.gif
for the story.
Is my problem a common one, unique, or am i just being dumb?

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTE: FOUND OUT THE MODCHIP!
ITS WIIKEY 1.9b(just updated, games still dont work)

Also when i put in boom blox, it wants me to install a firmware ><
Anyway to stop that?

I've already used brick blocker
frown.gif
and have the firmware v288

uberjedi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try change your video region from EDTV to the setting above that. Fire-emblem doesn't work on 480p for me, since I region patched it to PAL from NTSC..

Zeek03

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I see how you feel! Try Running it Through GeckoOS or if not maybr the Backup Launcher by Wiigator. All games listed above DO work.

Do you now know how to do that or do you need more help?

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, at least now i know the wii works!
I used WiU1.1 to region patch on Tales of symphonia: DotnW, and first burn didnt work, but i got the 001 error(never got it before) then trucha signed it, and it worked perfectly!
But havent got the chance to do so with boom blox, animal crossing, or cap tsubasa.

Currently downloading 5 wii games.

Super mario galaxy
Brawl
fire emblem
harvest moon(Update! finished downloading)
legend of zelda: Twighlight princess

Will using the same procedure work for these, and all/most games?

Also, would it be recommended for me to use Wiigator BL despite me already having chipped my wii?

And any special info about the twilight hacks ive heard so much about would be vastly appreciated, like will they work with a burn?

Will

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zeek03 said:
I see how you feel! Try Running it Through GeckoOS or if not maybr the Backup Launcher by Wiigator. All games listed above DO work.

I would like a little help as to geckoOS.
I googled it, and it seems like i need to buy something? ><

Posts merged

QUOTE(Zeek03 @ Nov 20 2008, 03:02 PM) I see how you feel! Try Running it Through GeckoOS or if not maybr the Backup Launcher by Wiigator. All games listed above DO work.

I would like a little help as to geckoOS.
I googled it, and it seems like i need to buy something? >

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
QUOTE said:
And any special info about the twilight hacks ive heard so much about would be vastly appreciated, like will they work with a burn?
You can learn everything about the twilight hack in wiibrew.org

Thanks!
And sidenote: Your avatar is pure and unrelenting win
tongue.gif

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
did you try just installing this wad:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/42a215/n/a...ing_fix_wad_rar

it should fix at least animal crossing, I've posted it about 6 times around here.

Ah, so animal crossing was a problem game itself eh?
That might explain why it didnt work...

But yeah, thanks! I'll do it first thing when i get home!
At work right now... waiting for something to do :/

pirye525

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if you dont know about the twilight hack then you probably dont know how to use geckos ok so first youre gonna need the legend of zelda twilight princess and an sd card download this
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=V4W4D4Q4
and check to homebrew channel and i believe the save data too but im not sure weather or not it does it by itself or not after that it should be pretty self explanatory since itll do all the work for you as far as were everything goes since you have a chipped wii you should be able to use a back up of twilight princess
so after its all done go to your wiis save date and copy the save file for zelda from your sd card to the wii launch the game select the first data file and talk to the closest guy to you when you start the game and a lot of code should appear on screen accept the agreement and you should end up with the homebrew channel after put this folder into your sd card
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=23GHD89Y
so it should go like this X:/apps/and folder goes here (X means what ever drive your sd cards in)
after that launch the hombrew cahnnel which should be on the wiis menu and start geckos and launch your games through geckos because it gives you region free and skips updates too hope this helped

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pirye525 said:
so if you dont know about the twilight hack then you probably dont know how to use geckos ok so first youre gonna need the legend of zelda twilight princess and an sd card download this
and check to homebrew channel and i believe the save data too but im not sure weather or not it does it by itself or not after that it should be pretty self explanatory since itll do all the work for you as far as were everything goes since you have a chipped wii you should be able to use a back up of twilight princess
so after its all done go to your wiis save date and copy the save file for zelda from your sd card to the wii launch the game select the first data file and talk to the closest guy to you when you start the game and a lot of code should appear on screen accept the agreement and you should end up with the homebrew channel after put this folder into your sd card
so it should go like this X:/apps/and folder goes here (X means what ever drive your sd cards in)
after that launch the hombrew cahnnel which should be on the wiis menu and start geckos and launch your games through geckos because it gives you region free and skips updates too hope this helped

Ah, many thanks my friend, this sounds like just what i needed.
Quick question though, when you say "Launch the game" I take it you mean the Twighlight princess game right?

All i want to know, if it will work on a burned copy?

also, how should i go about burning TP? Same way i did ToS? with wiu1.1 and trucha?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isaac52 said:
pirye525 said:

Quick question though, when you say "Launch the game" I take it you mean the Twighlight princess game right?

also, how should i go about burning TP? Same way i did ToS? with wiu1.1 and trucha?

if you have a chip a burned game is fine, if not you'll at least need to borrow the game to install the homebrew channel

isaac52

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
isaac52 said:
pirye525 said:

if you have a chip a burned game is fine, if not you'll at least need to borrow the game to install the homebrew channel

Alright, i have it modded.

Burned it is, anything i should know when burning the pal twiliight princess to play on my japanese wii?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isaac52 said:
noobwarrior7 said:
isaac52 said:
pirye525 said:

Alright, i have it modded.

Burned it is, anything i should know when burning the pal twiliight princess to play on my japanese wii?

umm....its VERY likely it won't work.

I couldn't get a PAL TP to show video properly on my NTSC-U no matter what I did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning