Hacking Dragon's Crown PS3 (U) Save Editing / Items

Create a save patch with boosted equips for all 6 characters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Newb here, just a quick question. When I decrypt SAVE0.DAT I get 10 different files which one should I hex edit?

Do not open SAVE0.DAT from inside BSD. The file is decrypted but treated uncompressed by BSD. That's why you see 2 or more NEO files. After decrypting, open SAVE0.DAT on your storage device. Since it is created by the PS3, it is always compressed and you won't get confused by 2 or more files.

Ecchi Ichiban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, nice work to the 'testers' and analysts. Thanks especially to LocSP for the hard work.

System Balances Observation -
I decided to try a few things out and have assumed there's a balance or certain limit to the numbers that are allowed. I was away for a little while and will have to try the 6400 limit now. Anyway, put in a level 99 character (3rd character slot) and did a quick story mode run. Got a pile up bones and it resurrected as a level 99 ally. Of course there are high level equipments and usable items. Unfortunately, I dislike having to dealing with story mode for each character so I didn't get any more bones. The next run I did was with my 32/33 character and I brought in my GF to play the level 99 character. The allies we got were level 64-68. Based on that I assume the game will try to balance out things.

I assumed that was the case when I increased my weapon to 255 and the defense of equipment to 255 as well. I wasn't really killing them any faster. Heck, it seems I was dying faster. So, another experiment at the Labyrinth of Chaos with the 255 armor shows an approx. damage received to be 10% of my max life (536). Changed out gear for the none modded defense equipment and I was taking 6%. So, I decided to try editing attribute amounts and then CRC (or it would corrupt). I tried some low 99s on each stat. Nope. Didn't go either. I can only assume that it's linked with the level of the character and difficulty. Normal limits growth to level 35, hard level 65, and I assume Inferno is level 99. Although, it's strange, but you can bring in a modded level 99 character.

Findings -
Attributes:
HP Base: A4D2-3 (Before Equipment or Vitality Buff)
HP Display: A4DE-F (After Buffs)
STR: A4E9
INT: A4EB
DEX: A4ED
LUC: A4EF
CON: A4F1
MGR: A4F3
(The stats may even start in the prior location as there are available places but I can't tell for sure unless I've tried to level higher and confirm.)

Usable Item Classification: 38 0C
Next 4 Bytes After is Current Restock: 00 00 00 63
Next 4 Bytes After is Maximum Restock: 00 00 00 63
Next Byte After that is Maximum Dungeon Use: 04
Example:
38 0C 00 00 00 63 00 00 00 63 04
*I can edit the restocks but not the uses per dungeon. I don't know if that's limited to it's potency (S,M,L). These are also the same areas as item durability. Although, I have only edited the restocks up to 99. I guess I can test higher amounts, but then it seems like overkill.

So, what I was able to find out....
- Stats seem linked to level.
- Don't max your defenses to 255. You'll just die faster.
- I'm able to freely increase restocks but NOT uses.
- Based on the current savepatch, you can find the locations for bag slots and edit the durability area/restock quantity.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I appreciate your contributions.

One of my first curiosities include editing usable items. Your initial attempt at editing Uses per Dungeon brings up another issue to look at.

With all armor at 255, you can get 1020 def total. Still, nothing happens. I hope you're not swapping *unedited armor with protection* and *edited armor without protection* like Damage Taken, in your tests. I'm looking into it now.

I can find almost any location under Data 1. "Almost" because I'm too lazy to look beyond character 6 and allies :P

Ecchi Ichiban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't go beyond 6 either. Going a general hex search for 38 0C will find the usable items. I tested a restock amount of 999. I don't want to do FF FF as that is just too much and may corrupt the file.

Anyway, I know there are a few affixes that may change that, but I did the swapping with a full set of armor. So, I'm too sure what you mean by those ones with and without the protection.

FYI, I just starting getting into the hex search and conversion with Ni No Kuni and am not on to Dragon's Crown. So, I'm still kind of new to this. However, I enjoy find out the information and 'decoding' it.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All this work is in part inspired by previous work on that game. I still have an Inventory Editor app for that game. I'd like to make an app like that too.

Ecchi Ichiban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I could help further. I have that same app. Hoping your might be a bit more thorough considering all the characters, bags, data slots (although I think working on 1 should be fine as well as 5-6 characters or bags. Other times, the items can just be moved around.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm looking for someone who can best me to a finished editing app using C# windows forms. There needs to be an alpha app released with the features described in the alpha.

You can go to #1 for details on the alpha, and 'What needs doing'. There also needs to be an updated save patch before the beta app is released - see 'TODO'.

ConcreteLobotomy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: And of course, like any other IT related issue, once I ask for help, it manages to basically fix itself. Hopefully I'll be able to familiarize myself with the code over the next few days and start discovering things in the mean time.

I'm new to game editing on PS3, but I've done some hex editing here and there for pc games. I'm having some issues with BSD; I can't seem to find a tutorial for the decrypting/ finding keys to decrypt the save file. No matter what I do, the option to Decrypt PFD won't become clickable. I've made sure to add my PS id number is set and correct, I go through the tutorials on ps3cheating.net, but they're not terribly detailed and they make a lot of assumptions about already knowing the program, which is what I need the tutorial for in the first place. I'm hoping to help out where I can in taking apart some of this code, but I'm locked out on the porch :/

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDIT: And of course, like any other IT related issue, once I ask for help, it manages to basically fix itself. Hopefully I'll be able to familiarize myself with the code over the next few days and start discovering things in the mean time.

I'm new to game editing on PS3, but I've done some hex editing here and there for pc games. I'm having some issues with BSD; I can't seem to find a tutorial for the decrypting/ finding keys to decrypt the save file. No matter what I do, the option to Decrypt PFD won't become clickable. I've made sure to add my PS id number is set and correct, I go through the tutorials on ps3cheating.net, but they're not terribly detailed and they make a lot of assumptions about already knowing the program, which is what I need the tutorial for in the first place. I'm hoping to help out where I can in taking apart some of this code, but I'm locked out on the porch :/

I restarted from a fresh re-installation of BSD to get your perspective. You can catch me along the way:
  1. On the first run, I ignored the cheats repository window because I'm a HACKUH
  2. I am prompted with a global settings window, and closed it.
  3. Setup a profile with the PARAM.SFO of a save containing my account ID. Choose 'Yes' and navigate to your save data and choose the PARAM.SFO file.
  4. Profile window; give yourself a name or skip.
  5. Click [...] near the top right to navigate to your save files.
  6. The save details will show in the window. Right click and select Bruteforce, or just select it and press <F6>.
  7. Click 'OK' when a message box shows containing info.
  8. The options to decrypt, apply cheats, and encrypt are now available. You can also open SAVE0.DAT in your save folder to manually hex edit.

sarin000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had reasonable success, and I'll share what I've discovered (not much).

I felt that setting the defense stats to 99 instead of the max seemed more effective at keeping me alive. I wonder if it passes some sort of upper limit depending on the type of damage and that's why you take such big hits from certain things? I apologize if I sound like I'm repeating something that's already been discovered.

I'm curious as to how to apply/modify different properties of the weapons and accessories. Could you give an example of how that's done? Do I have to use the hex editor and hope for the best, or do the cheat style and modify previous cheats?

Thanks for all the hard work.

Jaden0707

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, after trying out new class elf this is what i found abt only doing 1 damage.

For Elf if you have her deadly boot maxed which i believe is 500% of her boot defence.
If you boot def is 255 ur damage becomes 1 no matter the affixes skills that u set in.
After removing the 255 defence to the the boots to normal, her dmg becomes pretty
Godly. So im assuming same for pther class if ur skill already boosting your weapon or armor
Dont max out the equipment def or dmg.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, after trying out new class elf this is what i found abt only doing 1 damage.

For Elf if you have her deadly boot maxed which i believe is 500% of her boot defence.
If you boot def is 255 ur damage becomes 1 no matter the affixes skills that u set in.
After removing the 255 defence to the the boots to normal, her dmg becomes pretty
Godly. So im assuming same for pther class if ur skill already boosting your weapon or armor
Dont max out the equipment def or dmg.

Cool. Also, the damage cap is 99,999. So try 199 def boots, (199 * 500 = 99,500). I think since that doesn't go beyond the cap, it won't roll back to 1 damage. I'm checking later.

Jaden0707

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then im gonna run few trials

1. Boot with def 199
2 no change in boot def but adding 6400 to barefist dmg %
3. Boot with def 199 & adding barefist dmg & see if that affects

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had reasonable success, and I'll share what I've discovered (not much).

I felt that setting the defense stats to 99 instead of the max seemed more effective at keeping me alive. I wonder if it passes some sort of upper limit depending on the type of damage and that's why you take such big hits from certain things? I apologize if I sound like I'm repeating something that's already been discovered.

I'm curious as to how to apply/modify different properties of the weapons and accessories. Could you give an example of how that's done? Do I have to use the hex editor and hope for the best, or do the cheat style and modify previous cheats?

Thanks for all the hard work.

Sorry for my late response. You can get started by seeing the attachment at #72 . You can use the save patch provided at #1, but using a hex editor gives you more control and understanding. If you need more details about what you're seeing, then drop by.

loxley00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following this thread now for awhile, and I wanted to point out a few things, forgive me if I reiterate a point that's been made before and I missed. First of all, while editing my own bags and equipment with affixes, I found that there seem to be some hard caps on affixes in general in what seems like a direct relation to game difficulty.

In normal affixes seemed to be applied none at all when edited. Found increasing returns on dmg given and taken in hard mode in correlation to same said maximum affixes, and in infernal all affixes upper limit caps are disabled, which is doing things like having us exceed maximum value and go into negatives etc.

Secondly, it seems saves made on vita originally have some kind of different save pattern or key? Using a visa save (uploaded to ps3 and then re-saved) applying the exact same item affix edits, will corrupt that save file every time,, but works fine using a ps3 original save file. This seems to also be what causes online players to get corrupted saves from picking up our bones and save items. If these have already been seen and talked about sorry in advance.

Jaden0707

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following this thread now for awhile, and I wanted to point out a few things, forgive me if I reiterate a point that's been made before and I missed. First of all, while editing my own bags and equipment with affixes, I found that there seem to be some hard caps on affixes in general in what seems like a direct relation to game difficulty.

In normal affixes seemed to be applied none at all when edited. Found increasing returns on dmg given and taken in hard mode in correlation to same said maximum affixes, and in infernal all affixes upper limit caps are disabled, which is doing things like having us exceed maximum value and go into negatives etc.

Secondly, it seems saves made on vita originally have some kind of different save pattern or key? Using a visa save (uploaded to ps3 and then re-saved) applying the exact same item affix edits, will corrupt that save file every time,, but works fine using a ps3 original save file. This seems to also be what causes online players to get corrupted saves from picking up our bones and save items. If these have already been seen and talked about sorry in advance.

Hi loxley,

Your first point only applys if you switch from a higher difficulty to a lower one.
I've not ecounter this issue unless the affix value exceeds the limits. All defensive limite should not exceed 200 %
Howerver i've found @ 100% resist or chance to, are the most effective. Not all value location are the same thats why its take such a long time for us to get the right position. On the other hand offesive value can exceed well over 100% as ealier post confirms, with the exception if there is a skill enhancing dmg output then there might be possiblity to cycle to 1.

To your second point that is correct, been confirmed early if transfer from vita to ps3 the affix will not be valid. Only works from ps3 save unfortunatley. Not sure if anyone working on this yet.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're absolutely right. Our edits are conflicting with those such game mechanics. I hope that using the Editor, we can adjust affix values to whatever we like; whether it's within the game's comfortable range, or an overpowered 2,147,483,647. It's true that players who start with a Vita save get a slightly different save file. There is a solution courtesy of Gootah, #58, to work around this.

This seems to also be what causes online players to get corrupted saves from picking up our bones and save items.
So some of us are taking the cheats online? This is unexplored territory my friend. Can you tell me what kind of edits could cause this?

Jaden0707

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are quite few post abt hacked bones that caused corrupt save file.
Which now many online player make sure they dont ressurect bones thats is high in cost.
I've read a perticular funny post where a player name GOD have his 6 affix on weapon to be +245% damage and few others with 999 use of items. Thses bones apparently all cause issue with save data but i have not come accross any personally.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are quite few post abt hacked bones that caused corrupt save file.
Which now many online player make sure they dont ressurect bones thats is high in cost.
I've read a perticular funny post where a player name GOD have his 6 affix on weapon to be +245% damage and few others with 999 use of items. Thses bones apparently all cause issue with save data but i have not come accross any personally.

Seems like we gotta up the research and promote safer cheats, compared to some vigilantes who take their rotten yogurt online and breed fruit flies. All the work here could go under fire.
Btw, 999 use of items, could you mean 'uses per dungeon'? I might want someone to teach me how to get that.
It also makes me think that I should make a free save repair service, and even add that to the Editor.

Reactions: boogersculptor

loxley00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct Jaden, that's what I was referring to, capping affixes in lower difficulties. For instance in normal difficulty a weapon with affix for damage given + using hex value 64 00 etc provides a dmg increase of only ~10% (per affix). However affixes like durability down dmg+ 50% is a static affix and shows drastically increased dmg over dng + given, in lower difficulties, for those on their first play throughs etc.

Secondly about the online part, it would definitely appear the hacks have gone online and they corrupt others saves pretty badly. In fact the entire reason I decided to try my own hand editing this game, before finding this board was picking up a set of modified bones that cost something like a million gold to res. Since this amount is a little absurd in dragons crown, I decided to edit my save to find it what made the cost so high, and once res'd they were extremely over powered. This in part lead me here. But the online bones using extreme affixes is apparently going on rampantly. Although I have not found anyone else online modified, and I myself only use a, legit backup save to play online, apparently there are many forum boards full of post about the hacking and corrupting data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9