Hacking Dragon's Crown PS3 (U) Save Editing / Items

Create a save patch with boosted equips for all 6 characters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

markikswabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. however, I'm trying to edit my char 2 (which is the sorcerer). My char 1 (fighter) is already super strong. I can solo demon lord lol

Thanks jaden

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm finding familiar data near 0xC0, near the beginning of my save file. First, there are arranged 01 bytes that look like an array of flags. Second, there seems to be item data, unattached to any character, which goes a long way down and stops before the first character (in my case 0x209B ). There are also occasional usable items (38 0C) in between some items. I think this is the shared stash for all characters in the Data. I haven't maxed my inventory to the point I can't loot anymore, so there is still more space for loot. Proof of that is there are null item data structures between my last item in the stash, until the first character. So I took the address of the end of the last item , minus 0xC0, divide by 54h, and got 61 items in my shared stash. I'm going to check this at home. If this is the shared stash, there could be a new way to edit items.
weird%20data1.jpg
weird%20data2.jpg

Reactions: Jaden0707

markikswabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean for accessories? Just use C6 is well.

Nope, this is for the weapon of character 2 in data 1. which in my case. That's my sorcerer. My char 1 is the fighter.

It would be best if I would also get the accessory part for the 4 equips of character 2.

More over all characters up to char 6 for all classes :)

xmacex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, this is for the weapon of character 2 in data 1. which in my case. That's my sorcerer. My char 1 is the fighter.
Every accessory I've modded so far (amulets, bracelets, earrings), I've managed to use 000000C6 to get 8 slots on it. So if you want to make a custom accessory for your sorcerer (assuming you mean sorceress and not wizard), then for now, I suppose you can just equip your fighter with an amulet in their second equipment slot and then use 0000A6DF 000000C6 to give the amulet 8 slots for effects. From there, it would just be a matter of using the codes in the patch file here to select the effects & values you want to put on the amulet. When you're done, unequip the amulet from the fighter and transfer it to the sorceress (or wizard).

markikswabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. the weapon mod save patch is awesome. If only we could have the 8 slot unlock for each equipment for the 6 characters and its corresponding addresses per equipment (5 each character). I can tweak them the way I want it. That would really great :).

Hi xmacex, i will try that out later. Thanks a lot

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys,
I was able to confirm that the huge chunk of data starting at 0xC0 and ending before A4D0, is the shared stash between your characters in your Data. Now we can use cheats to modify the stash. One application is we can create a save patch to edit supersets in the shared stash. In that regard, we won't run into conflicts using a save patch; for example - using a Fighter superset cheat for character 1 when it isn't a Fighter. By editing the stash, we can create all 6 supersets, run the game, choose a character, and equip the supersets as we wish.
I'm going to create a supersets save patch on my free time. It could also help if anyone can list for me the ideal skills for each class and their equipment, as I haven't played all classes yet.
Meanwhile, I have to postpone demonstrations for the Save Editor until Tuesday because I have to resume programming a game for its Monday demo.

Reactions: markikswabe

xephangyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for the life of me cant get this to work. The money works. The skill points work for some of the toons. But none of the stats and durability change. Do these only work for new characters? Do they change the items in the current slot? Maybe I read something wrong but I followed your list of what to do and only able to get some of it to work.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for the life of me cant get this to work. The money works. The skill points work for some of the toons. But none of the stats and durability change. Do these only work for new characters? Do they change the items in the current slot? Maybe I read something wrong but I followed your list of what to do and only able to get some of it to work.

these don't work on version updated dragon's crown. lots of things changed int he coding supposedly

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

For what console and version of Dragon's Crown do you have?
There are no cheats for character stats, unless you're adding more from equip skills.
If you have v1.01, use the 4,500 durability cheat.
Cheats work in the order in which characters/bags/equips and their slots are created in the save file, not exactly the order you left them in game. A cheat that says [Character 1 - ... - ...] will usually affect the first toon you created, (which is certainly the first toon found in the save file).
About the skill points working for certain toons - I'll double check. Edit: the skill points cheat should work for all toons you apply the cheats to, using the PS3 version of Dragon's Crown v1.00 and v1.01.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got screenshots on the editor. There's a general illustration of the UI; all info except equipment (the important part) are extracted; code architecture conceptualized; still attaching data to controls;
1.png
2.png

Feedback and suggestions...

markikswabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got screenshots on the editor. There's a general illustration of the UI; all info except equipment (the important part) are extracted; code architecture conceptualized; still attaching data to controls;
1.png
2.png

Feedback and suggestions...

Hi LocSP,

I think we don't need to have a superset if we would have this kind of fllexibility. I hope we can just add 8 skills per weapon /accessory and boost its durabilty and atk/def to max. Can't wait to try this out

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last night, i edited a usable item, Acid Scroll, for 99,999,999 restock amount, and *blank* uses per dungeon. Every time I used the scroll, it consumed 1 restock amount. In a test, I went to Pirates and used the scroll up to 25 times, which probably means unlimited uses per dungeon, limited to restock amount. Screenies explain the rest:
20130828_001002.jpg
20130828_001252.jpg

The choice to edit an Acid Scroll was a coincidence. I whimsically edited any usable I found in the save file. It could be Rebirth Scroll, Meteorite Scroll, rings, or spell books. I'll be creating a save patch for everyone to test in a while...
Edit: No, I will be creating an app for that instead, since I suck at creating sophisticated patch codes.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone,
I uploaded a consumable maxing app (see #1). It edits all consumable items found on your stash/bags/NPC allies to have "---" uses per dungeon and 99,999,999 restock amount. I came home and personally tested this app, so it won't corrupt your saves any more. Enjoy - while I work on making the main dish...
20130829_190119.jpg

markikswabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,
I uploaded a consumable maxing app (see #1). It edits all consumable items found on your stash/bags/NPC allies to have "---" uses per dungeon and 99,999,999 restock amount. I came home and personally tested this app, so it won't corrupt your saves any more. Enjoy - while I work on making the main dish...
20130829_190119.jpg

I would like to use the app but I want to ask if I need to add my console_id and user_id in the global.conf file of BSD because I didn't modify that. The values in that file are still the default. If in case I would need to add those details, do you know where can I get those values from BSD? Thanks a lot.

Oh.. do we need to decrypt the Savedat.0 file first before using the app?

Ecchi Ichiban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Great work LocSP. I'm pulled away on some schooling so I haven't had too much time here. Are you planning on making editable restock quantities? The maxed and crazy stat items was suspected of causing corrupt files for unaware co-op players so hopefully this won't be an issue with the updated patch.

Man, I just barely got into adding usable items to slots 3-10 of the bags and increase per use charges. Holy heck, you just destroyed me with this new discovery. lol I can't keep up! I was just trying to understand the additional effects of usable items. So of them have attached codes like FFFF8174 with the other common ones like the FFFF0320. An idea the correlation?

Btw, have you notice any limitations with increasing the max affix slots for any weapons or equipments? I tried doing a mass edit to try testing some affixes and effects but not all equipments opened the slots.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to use the app but I want to ask if I need to add my console_id and user_id in the global.conf file of BSD because I didn't modify that. The values in that file are still the default. If in case I would need to add those details, do you know where can I get those values from BSD? Thanks a lot. Oh.. do we need to decrypt the Savedat.0 file first before using the app?

You're good to go. I set up BSD as simple as the instructions in #89, yet I did not need my console_id and user_id to use BSD, OR the app. Just copy games.conf and global.conf to the app's directory. You do not need to decrypt and encrypt using this app: It does that for you, to make things faster. It's simple as 'open SAVE0.DAT' in the app. -> put your USB back in the PS3 -> Play'.

Are you planning on making editable restock quantities? The maxed and crazy stat items was suspected of causing corrupt files for unaware co-op players so hopefully this won't be an issue with the updated patch.

Yes, editing restock quantities on usables will be included in the editor. If suggested, I could modify the Usables app to allow you to edit restock quantities. Certainly, maxed and crazy stat items have a high chance to corrupt others' saves. I have yet to hear someone confirm if the Usables app causes save corruptions.

I was just trying to understand the additional effects of usable items. So of them have attached codes like FFFF8174 with the other common ones like the FFFF0320. An idea the correlation?
They do have correlation: Those codes are pointers or references to effects in game, almost like affixes on equips. They are re-interpreted by the game to what we see on screen. So whatever a health potion is, it's got to be FFFFxxxx FFFFxxxx 38 0d or whatever you see in the save file already. We might not be able to create (custom?) usable items from scratch in the editor by attaching effects. You could save me the work of finding the codes for each usable item, so please.
As to why some would have common codes, I could make an educated guess: It could be they have similar effects (potency/effect type/effect time/ etc). We could take a closer look at the game screen and the hex editor for these similarities.

Btw, have you notice any limitations with increasing the max affix slots for any weapons or equipments? I tried doing a mass edit to try testing some affixes and effects but not all equipments opened the slots.

There is more to the relationship of the code involved in defining item types/# of slots. I collected some bows and put them in my Elf's bag. Look at this example:
Code : # slots
7d be : 7
7a 34 : 6
79 a4 : 4
80 3c : 7
85 c4 : 8 <- best bow evarr?
82 44 : 8 <- 8 slots too, wth?
84 b4 : 6
81 be : 7
7c 36 : 6
85 3c : 7
81 2c : 5
78 85 : 0 <- starter bow
(Btw, I think bow IDs go from 78 85 to 85 c4. Could be more...)

For some reason, using 85 c4 gives an 8-slot bow when 82 44 also does. Previous cheats told us to use 'c4 or c6' for physical items, and '44' for magic items. That's a shallow assumption. It seems the first byte defines the equip type and #of slots, so the second byte is different for each # of slots we want (look at the other bows with the same # of slots). That could be why you are not immediately getting 8 slots -- you might actually get more/less. It's not just bows - rather any equip. The fact that previous cheats worked is a coincidence - we used c6 and 44 as a common solution, but that doesn't mean we have full control. I'll look closer into this, for the sake of the Editor.

markikswabe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi LocSP, I'm trying to use the tool however, when I try to open my Save0.dat using the app. I got this error:

A disc hash key was not found. A fallback disk hash key will be used. Then, after this error. The window closes and nothing happens.

I did copy the games.conf and global.conf from BSD to the app's folder location.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That console message is normal. It's technically an exception in the pfdtool - created by flatz - and it does no harm. BSD also uses the pfdtool to decrypt/encrypt your save files, hence the same message shows in BSD. If you got this message, it means you've set up the app perfectly, and mods were applied.

You should check your game! Good luck; I don't want your save to be corrupted. Your save was modified in flash. That's how it's supposed to work. You had slight confusions, sorry. Your feedback is appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D