Gaming Dragon Quest Swords is out

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it will work. I also doubt that unless you're pretty fluent in Japanese you won't really be able to play it much, so you'll just have to wait until it's released in your region anyway. For that reason I'm not even going to bother to download this. Sucks though... It doesn't take 6+ months to translate a game...

SeanoRLY?

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aye, seen the release on the front page.

Another reason why I want a Wii so bad
frown.gif

Kyuketsuki_M

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not out yet! (not officially anyway)
smile.gif

The release date is the 12th which is tomorrow for me...I'll be heading into Akihabara for it, and rushing back home.

WOOHOO!
biggrin.gif

Kyuketsuki_M

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
An update...

Very nice game...fully recommended.

Don't expect a regular RPG though. It's fairly linear and it's pretty much like playing one of those 'gun games' at the arcade. Every stage you move forward and have waves of monsters you have to deal with. Certain conditions affect your rating at the end of each stage ie. your completion speed, the damage you take, if you allowed any monsters to escape etc.

The rating affects your bonus at the end which is usually raw materials, allowing you to forge your sword into a new one.

Of course you gain XP, have a companion who helps you out and also gains levels, and you gain some new sword techniques which all involve a pre-ordained movement with your Wiimote. I find it hard slashing diagonally though...

I spent a day suffering from muscle pain in my arm today.....you really do need a break after a few hours when playing this game.

Kyu

P.S. You have a shield to block with, which starts to break when it takes too many hits...between blocking, slashing and targeting monsters, it's a very active game!
smile.gif

pig098

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a possiblity that anyone will come out with translated version?

i mean they came out with US patched version of mario strikers even thou all it changed was "football" to soccer

also does this work on us wiikey

pig098

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"a short game, clocking in at under 10 hours"
thats wut they say in IGN
does it really take under 10 hours to finish?

pig098

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"a short game, clocking in at under 10 hours"
thats wut they say in IGN
does it really take under 10 hours to finish?

ksponge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's so-so. You can play it without being able to read the characters. Sometimes you have to run around the tiny town and talk to a people before you can trigger the next mission. Trial and error. The gameplay isn't that great. It's not real time sword movement. You have to set your center point for the sword attacks with A or your center is mid screen. It doesn't recognize the sword attacks very well either. You'll be like, wtf I just did a diagonal slice, not vertical (and this will fuck you up when fighting groups that require a diagonal swipe to hit them). If we can have an accurate pointer on the screen, what is the problem with controlling a sword tip. We just need the right company to put their collective ingenuity to this to see some real good gameplay. This held my attention for about 2 hours. Others ease of amusement may vary.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.