Dragon Quest Swords is out

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by dernettemann1983, Jul 10, 2007.

Jul 10, 2007
  1. dernettemann1983
    OP

Member dernettemann1983 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Release Name: Dragon.Quest.Swords.Kamen.no.Joou.to.Kagami.no.Tou.JPN.Wii-DMZ

Have anyone test it on pal ?

2. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I doubt it will work. I also doubt that unless you're pretty fluent in Japanese you won't really be able to play it much, so you'll just have to wait until it's released in your region anyway. For that reason I'm not even going to bother to download this. Sucks though... It doesn't take 6+ months to translate a game...

3. SeanoRLY?

Member SeanoRLY? GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Aye, seen the release on the front page.

Another reason why I want a Wii so bad [​IMG]

4. jimmyjam

Newcomer jimmyjam Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    8/8/8/9 33/40 from Famitsu

5. Kyuketsuki_M

Member Kyuketsuki_M GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    It's not out yet! (not officially anyway) [​IMG]

The release date is the 12th which is tomorrow for me...I'll be heading into Akihabara for it, and rushing back home.

WOOHOO! [​IMG]

6. helba

Newcomer helba Advanced Member

Canada
    i have it and playing it, it's sweet. took 20 mins to get it from usenext lawl.

7. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    lucky bastard [​IMG]

8. Kyuketsuki_M

Member Kyuketsuki_M GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    An update...

Very nice game...fully recommended.

Don't expect a regular RPG though. It's fairly linear and it's pretty much like playing one of those 'gun games' at the arcade. Every stage you move forward and have waves of monsters you have to deal with. Certain conditions affect your rating at the end of each stage ie. your completion speed, the damage you take, if you allowed any monsters to escape etc.

The rating affects your bonus at the end which is usually raw materials, allowing you to forge your sword into a new one.

Of course you gain XP, have a companion who helps you out and also gains levels, and you gain some new sword techniques which all involve a pre-ordained movement with your Wiimote. I find it hard slashing diagonally though...

I spent a day suffering from muscle pain in my arm today.....you really do need a break after a few hours when playing this game.

Kyu

P.S. You have a shield to block with, which starts to break when it takes too many hits...between blocking, slashing and targeting monsters, it's a very active game! [​IMG]

9. pig098

Newcomer pig098 Member

United States
    is there a possiblity that anyone will come out with translated version?

i mean they came out with US patched version of mario strikers even thou all it changed was "football" to soccer

also does this work on us wiikey

10. Ackman

Newcomer Ackman Newbie

Spain
    then... works on PAL?

thanks

11. nloding

Member nloding GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's a good point ... Wii demos on WiiWare ... dammit! Now that you put that thought in my head ... I WANTS IT!

12. pig098

Newcomer pig098 Member

United States
    "a short game, clocking in at under 10 hours"
    thats wut they say in IGN
    does it really take under 10 hours to finish?

13. pig098

Newcomer pig098 Member

United States
    "a short game, clocking in at under 10 hours"
    thats wut they say in IGN
    does it really take under 10 hours to finish?

14. ksponge

Newcomer ksponge Member

It's so-so. You can play it without being able to read the characters. Sometimes you have to run around the tiny town and talk to a people before you can trigger the next mission. Trial and error. The gameplay isn't that great. It's not real time sword movement. You have to set your center point for the sword attacks with A or your center is mid screen. It doesn't recognize the sword attacks very well either. You'll be like, wtf I just did a diagonal slice, not vertical (and this will fuck you up when fighting groups that require a diagonal swipe to hit them). If we can have an accurate pointer on the screen, what is the problem with controlling a sword tip. We just need the right company to put their collective ingenuity to this to see some real good gameplay. This held my attention for about 2 hours. Others ease of amusement may vary.