Dragon Quest script no longer MPT files...

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by SecretChao428, Feb 19, 2011.

Feb 19, 2011
  1. SecretChao428
    OP

Newcomer SecretChao428 Member

United States
    Well I am not sure how many are into want to redo some parts of the script or leave it as it is, I need to know if .p files on a Nintendo DS is using the hardest encoding called "Pascal Source Code" which also tends to closely used with Delphi and Huffman for text file compression, I need to know if this seems rather true?

2. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    firstly which dragon quest? Why haven't you tried decompressing then searching? (I know nothing of delphi compression) Huffman can be decompressed fairly easily.

3. SecretChao428
    OP

Newcomer SecretChao428 Member

United States
    Dragon Quest 6, on the DS that is, that has the script compression files labed in the .b file system.

4. rastsan

Member rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard

Canada
    I am not going to comment on the structure of the files, but crtystaltile2 can extract them out. as to whether there is further compression I trust ct2 in this when it says (0) at least on the first DE 0000.p file.
    If you are just trying a language patch I'd just do a direct replace the en ones with language of choice. if your language of choice isn't in there, well at least you have plenty of files to check and compare against to help build your own script inserter.
    Albeit the menu stuff might be a little different to handle graphic-ly. Isn't there an eu coming out?

Since I didn't quite answer the question - Anybody with "pascal source code" experience able to answer the question?

sorry, if i wasn't that much help.