ROM Hack Dragon Quest IX - Save Editor

Manios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I finished the quest 125 it is because I made the previous quests. My concern is that, as Blaze89, as soon as I use Save Editor, in the first fight the game freeze.

PS: I want to use Save Editor to spend the quest on cleared, he marked well "succes" there, but the quest is considered as not begun.

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mcmahon said:
furfoot said:
To get a new treasure map in your save just click on the treasure tab > click on the plus sign in the list > enter to map no (first, second)

Here is a list of all the best maps in the game:

134, 30804 (Floor 11 is full of Metal King Slimes, Boss = Lucid)
175, 2720 (Floor 7 is full of Metal Slimes, Boss = Fowleye)
248, 4929 (Lots of A/S Chests, Boss = Trauminator)
189, 200
184, 9638 (Good chest map for crafting, Floor 9 is Metal King Slimes, Boss = Hammibal)
198, 25615
217, 26468 (Great money farming map gem slimes for 10k per kill, Boss = Greygnarl)
187, 9788
183, 15522 (Kawasaki loot map, Boss = Fowleye)
187, 3676 (Masayuki map, Floor 15 has Metal King Slimes, Boss = Tyrannosaurus Wrecks)
184, 18322 (Good chest map)
183, 6129 (Super hard trash mobs and highest level dungeon)
So I tried the map on the top of the list. I assumed it would be the Silver Marsh of Bane 58, but instead, Copper was all I got.. no MKS at all but Elusid was the boss as noted. I followed the numbers but I inputted a random location that wasn't red. How do I solve this?

Can anyone help me get an MKS map with tons of goodies?

Also, has anyone generated a PKS-only map?

OK first off the first map listed if you select a proper location will be the Silver Marsh of Bane Lv 58. The locations for the map to be proper are in decimal : 93, 138, 115. In Hex they are: 5D, 8A, and 73. The proper locations actually show up to the right of the location. The only thing I can think is you might have typed a number wrong and got a different map.

Also the way maps are formed it seems to be impossible to get a PKS only floor. I'm pretty sure there would have been a well known Japanese map by now if it was possible.

FranckKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's erroneous to simply input those maps without the location.

The game's algorithm for generating maps need rank, seed and location to work. If you use a combination that is not possible, there's potential hazard to your game, including losing your saved game entirely.

In the save editor, make sure that when you add maps in, that all numbers are black. If they are red, it's danger.

Someone needs to make a list of the good maps INCLUDING locations.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
Because furfoot didn't give complete info on the good maps, I thought I would. The following info is based off of the save located here: (http://dq9.ffsky.cn/etc/dq9famousmapssav.zip) that is mentioned in this Gamefaq thread. It is a Japanese save with all the famous Japanese maps.

Here is a list of all the best maps in the game: (location, map number 1, map number 2)

115, 134, 30804 (Floor 11 is full of Metal King Slimes, Boss = Lucid) Silver Marsh of Bane Level 58
6, 175, 2720 (Floor 7 is full of Metal Slimes, Boss = Fowleye) Steel Path of Bane Level 69
2, 248, 4929 (Lots of A/S Chests, Boss = Trauminator) Sapphire Maze of Doubt Level 75
7, 189, 200 Bronze Crypt of Hurt Level 77
105, 184, 9638 (Good chest map for crafting, Floor 9 is Metal King Slimes, Boss = Hammibal) Silver World of Dread Level 79
47, 198, 25615 Emerald Snowhall of Hurt Level 81
12, 217, 26468 (Great money farming map gem slimes for 10k per kill, Boss = Greygnarl) Sapphire Glacier of Bane Level 81
87, 187, 9788 Emerald Dungeon of Fear Level 85
90, 183, 15522 (Kawasaki loot map, Boss = Fowleye) Emerald World of Gloom Level 86
84, 187, 3676 (Masayuki map, Floor 15 has Metal King Slimes, Boss = Tyrannosaurus Wrecks) Ruby Path of Doom Level 87
34, 184, 18322 (Good chest map) Ruby World of Dread Level 89
120, 183, 6129 (Super hard trash mobs and highest level dungeon) Emerald Waterway of Hurt Level 99

There are other maps listed in the save (legacy bosses I think), but they are not listed here.

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest the save editor lists the good locations for maps. I don't think people pay attention though. Maps also have anywhere between 2 to 3 good locations. Again they are listed in the box to the right of where you can select the location in the save editor.

Legacy Maps can be placed at any location.

TBML

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I'm new to this site and such. I saw this editor for DQ9 and wanted to try it out. I'm not sure how to use the editor itself as in how do i get my save file from my DSi XL to the computer so I can load it up into the editor itself. I couldn't find any instructions on the internet on how to do this. Any info would be greatly apperciated.

l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My game also freezes after the end of a battle after loading from the save editor. I have used the editor numerous times but now when I load my game, it just freezes. I don't think it is the roms itself because I have different roms and tried it out and it always freezes. I think the save is corrupt. Any solutions to fix a corrupt file.

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
So previously I mentioned if anyone knew about the checkboxes next to the enemy's name in the editor. It seems that if you Eye For Trouble the creature, you get the check box next to the creature's name. I don't know if you can just check the box to get the two page description or if you have to use the ability in game.

FranckKnight

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Masked Ranger said:
So previously I mentioned if anyone knew about the checkboxes next to the enemy's name in the editor. It seems that if you Eye For Trouble the creature, you get the check box next to the creature's name. I don't know if you can just check the box to get the two page description or if you have to use the ability in game.

That's very simple.

The checkboxes mean that you know what it drops (what Eye for Trouble does). The numbers are only tallies of how many of that monster you defeated, and how many of each drops you got (common drop, rare drop).

Basically, that screen is purely informative, and doesn't serve any purpose other than perhaps getting the 100% monster data accolade.

l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Masked Ranger said:
Manios: have you done any of the suggestions that have been offered to you?

I spent close to 100 hours on the game already. I don't want to restart a new game. I have beat the game and just want to finish the quests. The game just freezes after using the editor after a battle. Don't know what to do.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
l33 said:
Masked Ranger said:
Manios: have you done any of the suggestions that have been offered to you?

I spent close to 100 hours on the game already. I don't want to restart a new game. I have beat the game and just want to finish the quests. The game just freezes after using the editor after a battle. Don't know what to do.
So.......... Have YOU tried any of the suggestions directed at Manios?

Manios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried everything and nothing works. Later if I open my DQ save with Save Editor and that I save (with or without modifications), the game freeze after a fight.
Is there a fix with Save Editor?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/knyBygUiKLI?si=BkBsC-TZ4OrZoiPk