ROM Hack Dragon Quest IX menu translation

bluemax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried the following:

1. Attempted to apply the patch to a patched ROM with Inifinity's patch from yesterday. No go on this one.

2. Applied the patch to a clean ROM, which did work. Game loads up fine on my R4 and my save loaded fine as well but nothing looks different. I'm in the town with the pink cotton trees and all the menus still appear in Japanese.

Ultraseven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The menu translation patch seems to only work on a clean rom as I can play it fine on No$GBA and the battle menu is in English

However, when trying to use Infinity's patch fix to play on a flashcart, it does not work.

I suspect this is because the Menu translation patch trims the clean rom which Infinity's fix does not like.

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I've heard Dragon Quest IX is an action RPG. Are those rumors true?

Sorry if this has been answered before.
dry.gif

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They were intending to turn it in an action RPG like back in 2006, but that fans didn't like it and they made it turn-based instead.

bluemax said:
So I tried the following:

1. Attempted to apply the patch to a patched ROM with Inifinity's patch from yesterday. No go on this one.

2. Applied the patch to a clean ROM, which did work. Game loads up fine on my R4 and my save loaded fine as well but nothing looks different. I'm in the town with the pink cotton trees and all the menus still appear in Japanese.

I tried it to a clean ROM as well. Didn't work for me. Gave an error at first, but not anymore. Now it just says Done and nothing happens.

EDIT: Ignore this post, I solved the problems.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
golio514 said:
Do you mind if I put this in a spoiler tag in the first post, Densetsu?
Not at all! Feel free to add anything I post to your first post if you feel it's helpful.

I wonder if someone can come up with a cheat code for an EXP and gold multiplier so I can just shoot through the story without wasting time grinding? That way I can post the important plot advancement points faster.

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Since everything was looking so crammed I hid everything in spoiler tags, which I hope helps for easier and clearer reading!

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Umm... I'm not sure.
If everything's showing with little squares that means you gotta install the japanese language pack I believe.
btw I added some more skills, but I still need help with the starting kanji of most of them.

Veign06

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn cant get this to work on the fixed version. I ran it thru on the original clean rom and it said successful...but get the white screen. Tried the exact same thing with the fixed rom and it doesnt allow me to try and patch it (renamed everything like it was the clean rom but it says invalid). Oh well.

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Veign06 said:
Damn cant get this to work on the fixed version. I ran it thru on the original clean rom and it said successful...but get the white screen. Tried the exact same thing with the fixed rom and it doesnt allow me to try and patch it (renamed everything like it was the clean rom but it says invalid). Oh well.
Well, I can't either, so we'll just have to wait till our flashcart makers decide to update their fws.

coward117

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Veign06 said:

I don't think this is a problem caused by the flashcard maybe he uses a clean rom (not fixed). But I wonder on what flashcard he's using it.

Goli

RPG
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
coward117 said:
Veign06 said:

I don't think this is a problem caused by the flashcard maybe he uses a clean rom (not fixed). But I wonder on what flashcard he's using it.
It's not that he can't play the fixed and patched ver. on his flashcard, the thing is he CAN'T PATCH THE FIXED VERSION(I can't either for some reason!!).
So obviously this isn't related to the flashcard.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Well... the rom with the fix and some translation made by me to spanish is now working. Actually, I translated the same file that noitora did... well I did a little more. Anyway... no spanish showing up. I think we translated Wi-Fi battle menu... or something elese... can't know for sure. But I double checked my rom files and there's spanish in it, but it won't show up in the game.

So maybe the text for the battle menu is somewhere else not in btlmenustr.bin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: but well atleast my game tv stick can, @Psionic Roshambo