Dragon Quest IX - Gladiator Help

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Black_Knight_666, Aug 31, 2010.

Aug 31, 2010
  1. Black_Knight_666
    OP

Member Black_Knight_666 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Ok so im a level 41 gladiator with 100 skill points in swords, but see other axes, lances etc are stronger than most swords. what would the best weapen set for a gladiator? (axe, sword etc) btw, ive completed the game and have that fire sword you get from the upover weapon shop.

2. yeop

Member yeop GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    I have my gladiator with Uber falcon blade and 100 points on Guts and he´s very good. And if you increase another classes vocational skills like Paladin´s Virtue or Warrior´s courage he´ll be better.

3. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Both spears and axes have an ability that has a 100 percent chance to do critical damage when they hit. I also have my glad maxed with a sword, but my priest is a battle priest maxed with an axe. He's the one I use for defeating MKS. It makes more sense to me that way because of his high agility. By the time my glad's turn in battle comes around, there's too much of a chance the metal slimes will have run away.

4. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Good strategy. Gladiators are strong enough that they can really destroy enemies with the Falcon Blade.