Gaming Dragon Quest IX Freezing Mid Battle

Kokorazashi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So basically, whenever I get into a fight, after an enemy does a standard melee attack, the game just hangs on the enemy. Thing is, my ROM has been working perfectly, and I know for sure it's not the save file. I've replaced both the ROM with a fresh version and the SAV with a fresh version and neither seem to do the trick. Thing is, recently, I did the "Danny Phantom" update on my Acekard 2i which also uses the Akaio 1.7.1 firmware and ever since I used the Danny Phantom update, the game has started doing this. Any ideas as to what I can do? :|

gosub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far it sounds like there are two good reasons to think this might be a damaged save file before worrying about other issues. If cheats were enabled at one point on the save you're using, there's a possibility that they caused lingering corruption even though they're now disabled. Updating FC firmware could also cause lingering corruption in the save data.

Back up your SD card to your computer then delete everything on it. Set up everything fresh and see if a clean save still has the same issues. This is the most probable solution.

Other potential causes include things like damage to DS system, damage to flashcard, error during flashcard firmware update and so forth. The problem is that these would usually be fatal. It is not 100%, but they are unlikely and should not be worried about until you confirm status of potential software failure.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo