ROM Hack Question Dragon Quest Builders 2 resolution and framerate mod?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
It runs at 60, it's just it almost never reach that fps unless you're looking at the sky.
It seems to run on the same software as the first game. I remember it was like this on the vita version too.

EDIT: I tried setting GPU clock to 921 and CPU to 1581. Game loads faster (I think) but fps didn't improve much.

Last edited by Duo8,

orangpelupa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It runs at 60, it's just it almost never reach that fps unless you're looking at the sky.
It seems to run on the same software as the first game. I remember it was like this on the vita version too.

EDIT: I tried setting GPU clock to 921 and CPU to 1581. Game loads faster (I think) but fps didn't improve much.
interesting... maybe memory bandwidth bottleneck?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
interesting... maybe memory bandwidth bottleneck?
Who knows. Too bad we can't OC memory.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also this game is really intensive, the fan is always maxed out while playing it.
And another thing, the framerate seems to tank whenever there's water on the screen.

Last edited by Duo8,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It looks like if it can't achieve 60 FPS, it locks to 30 FPS.
I can made patch that force handheld mode graphics settings to be the same as for docked mode if you want.

If game is running in native 720p in handheld or close to this (10%), then there is no need for higher resolution. Quality boost will be minimal and in case if 720p is the main resolution, game will be blurry.

Last edited by masagrator,

OverkillLabs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
It looks like if it can't achieve 60 FPS, it locks to 30 FPS.
I can made patch that force handheld mode graphics settings to be the same as for docked mode if you want.

If game is running in native 720p in handheld or close to this (10%), then there is no need for higher resolution. Quality boost will be minimal and in case if 720p is the main resolution, game will be blurry.

Make one and let's see what happens lol, I always love to test out these kinds of patches.

Wowjinxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about a patch that does reverse, hand held resolution on docked? Or better yet just a way to increase gui or text size while docked

OverkillLabs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Also does anyone run into a corrupting issue in this game. I played fine for hours then I went into a marsh area and now game keeps crashing and saying it's corrupt but when I verify I can play for a few minutes again before it crashes saying it's corrupt again.

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Also does anyone run into a corrupting issue in this game. I played fine for hours then I went into a marsh area and now game keeps crashing and saying it's corrupt but when I verify I can play for a few minutes again before it crashes saying it's corrupt again.
With patch or without?
if with:
I forced three functions to always run as docked. Maybe one or two of them is causing issue.

Last edited by masagrator,

OverkillLabs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
With patch or without?
if with:
I forced three functions to always run as docked. Maybe one or two of them is causing issue.
Turned out the be an issue with my game and had to reinstall it, your patch works good though, no issues so far. I do wonder if we can reverse it and have handheld graphics for docked because as Duo8 said OC isn't enough to reach 60fps

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o