Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot confirms that it will have multiple playable characters

E3bsxTp.png

In the E3 reveal footage for Bandai Namco and CyberConnect2's upcoming action-RPG, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, we saw that Goku would be the main character of the game, understandably so, since he is the series' protagonist. Though, there are moments within the source material where Goku isn't as relevant as other characters, so fans began to question how scenes would play out, involving other characters. At the time, Bandai Namco was unable to say if there would be more than just one playable hero, but now, a month later, we now know. The latest issue of V-Jump confirms that Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot will feature Gohan, Vegeta, and Piccolo as playable characters, during segments where Goku is unavailable. Meanwhile, other cast members such as Tien, Chiaotzu, Krillin, and Yamcha will all be support characters, who will help the player out in fights. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot launches for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC early next year.

:arrow: Source

SilverWah

CVS2 best game period.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You know I have to be honest about this.
If you want a proper DBZ fighting game then FighterZ is by far the best we have as of now.
Like the game's name is by far one of the worst and it's a shiny cover for a story told several times already. Watch the show starting from original Dragon Ball if you aren't familiair with the Dragon Ball universe.

Reactions: Scott-105

meebus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want a proper DBZ fighting game then FighterZ is by far the best we have as of now.
Like the game's name is by far one of the worst and it's a shiny cover for a story told several times already. Watch the show starting from original Dragon Ball if you aren't familiair with the Dragon Ball universe.

What do you mean? FighterZ is basically a Marvel VS Capcom clone with it not really bringing much to the table, I do agree with your statement that it's getting a bit old learning the story with seen in over a dozen variations of Dragon Ball Z Games and among the series itself

Reactions: Ra1d and chartube12

SilverWah

CVS2 best game period.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What do you mean? FighterZ is basically a Marvel VS Capcom clone with it not really bringing much to the table, I do agree with your statement that it's getting a bit old learning the story with seen in over a dozen variations of Dragon Ball Z Games and among the series itself

Yes that's completely true but I was just suggesting out of the blue.
It's getting stagnant to see devs do the same thing over again with new paint on it.
That same talent could be used on something much better, I think.

meebus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that's completely true but I was just suggesting out of the blue.
It's getting stagnant to see devs do the same thing over again with new paint on it.
That same talent could be used on something much better, I think.

I think FighterZ would've been so much better personally if they tried to bring back the Old Budokai game mechanics and look but instead went with a more modern take along with the same manga referencing elements they had in it.

SilverWah

CVS2 best game period.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think FighterZ would've been so much better personally if they tried to bring back the Old Budokai game mechanics and look but instead went with a more modern take along with the same manga referencing elements they had in it.

Well I think ArcSys did a great job with the game in general. Like I played it since the beta was live on my little brother's Eck Bock One at the time and it feels solid but has some problems too.
Like if you're not fund of blocking and getting your cheecks opened up every second without much neutral in between then get ready for a wild ride.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fighterz is a fighting game, this is an action rpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What we really need is raging blast 3
Please no more raging blast, the gameplay was a huge downgrade compared to budokai tenkachi, which already played like ass.

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
that was known since the E3 demo, which indicated you can try a side quest "As Goku".
But glad to know they confirmed it anyway.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
For those concerned about the same old song and dance, it's been confirmed there will be side quests that'll have unique moments compared to other DBZ stories. It's not much, but honestly, I'm in it because it's an ARPG. I'd rather have a Budokai/Tenkaichi revival, but this is better than just another fighter/Xenoverse.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I wish there would be a new HD or next-level Budokai Tenkaichi 3. That game has literally every playable character from DB up to DB GT, you can even play as Hercule and Videl! And every character has their own multiple unique clothings and characters has their own time-lines too. I mean Goku Beginning, like when DBZ started with Radditz, Goku Mid (Freeza saga and so on) and Goku End (Buu saga). Same goes to Gohan and Vegeta and the others. That's what I call the ultimate DBZ game!

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone