Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot confirms that it will have multiple playable characters

E3bsxTp.png

In the E3 reveal footage for Bandai Namco and CyberConnect2's upcoming action-RPG, Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, we saw that Goku would be the main character of the game, understandably so, since he is the series' protagonist. Though, there are moments within the source material where Goku isn't as relevant as other characters, so fans began to question how scenes would play out, involving other characters. At the time, Bandai Namco was unable to say if there would be more than just one playable hero, but now, a month later, we now know. The latest issue of V-Jump confirms that Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot will feature Gohan, Vegeta, and Piccolo as playable characters, during segments where Goku is unavailable. Meanwhile, other cast members such as Tien, Chiaotzu, Krillin, and Yamcha will all be support characters, who will help the player out in fights. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot launches for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC early next year.

:arrow: Source

D

Deleted User

I have Kai on DVD and Blu Ray and I've played countless DBZ games retelling the exact same story. Gimme a Xenoverse 3.

Though, I think this looks like a good game if you're not fatigued from recycling the same story over and over. Probably better than the DBZ RPGs I've played.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There was a demo at E3 you can find on youtube.

thanks didn't know this but after watching ... they showed not a single gameplay scene and no RPG element seen as well ... could well be just some rendered video and real game looks like shit in the end (doubt it but who knows)

And saying this could be the best RPG is brave withouth seeing any gameplay.

best one ever was the SNES one with the Cards fighting system

D

Deleted User

thanks didn't know this but after watching ... they showed not a single gameplay scene and no RPG element seen as well ... could well be just some rendered video and real game looks like shit in the end (doubt it but who knows)

And saying this could be the best RPG is brave withouth seeing any gameplay.

best one ever was the SNES one with the Cards fighting system

Reactions: CrossOut and Youkai

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A hd collection of the tenkaichi games on pc and consoles would be great to have. I look foward to trying this game.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know I have to be honest about this.
If you want a proper DBZ fighting game then FighterZ is by far the best we have as of now.
Like the game's name is by far one of the worst and it's a shiny cover for a story told several times already. Watch the show starting from original Dragon Ball if you aren't familiair with the Dragon Ball universe.
Not interested in 800 hours of glorified diarrhea sounds for 15 minutes of actual fights.

Dbz abridged is far better at conveying the lore.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The game looks really good, and I will definitely be picking it up day one, but really disappointed that it's from the beginning. They should have started from the end of Z when they defeated Buu and make a DB Super game.

Reactions: Deleted User

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
My issue isn't that the game starts too early in Z. My issue is that they didn't go back far enough.

I think the original Dragonball is begging to be presented as an open world game. The original series was all about adventure and exploration and collecting the Dragonballs. There's a lot of free time for Goku to go on adventures as well and there are several time jumps in the original series where all kinds of things could happen.

By the time we get to Z, Goku can zoom around the world relatively quickly. Granted, that's not until after he comes back to life. Post-Namek he can just teleport everywhere that has a ki presence. Collecting the Dragonballs and adventuring became extremely trivial at that point.

And another problem with having this game take place from the start of Z to the end of Namek is that there's so little free time for Goku to do anything. I'm not surprised that we have Gohan, Piccolo, and Vegeta playable because the game would be super quick otherwise.

Here's a quick timeline of Goku's life from the start of Z to the end of Namek.

1. Raditz kidnaps Gohan immediately.
2. Goku fights Raditz within an hour or so of him kidnapping Gohan. Goku dies.
3. Goku immediately runs along snakeway and then spends a bunch of time training with King Kai on a tiny planet that doesn't make for a good open world.
4. Goku rushes back to Earth.
5. Minutes after getting back to Earth he fights Nappa and Vegeta.
6. Goku is incapacitated for a long time.
7. The second he's better he jumps on a ship to Namek.
8. The second he gets to Namek he goes off to fight the Ginyu force and then immediately has to heal.
9. The second he gets better he goes to fight Frieza.
10. Namek blows up and this game (presumably) ends.

There's so little room for activities!

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
These never ending energy sounds let my ears bleed.

And CyberConnect2? Their cutscenes are gold, their gameplay feels empty and old.

Last edited by Bimmel,

HEADBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As excited as I am to have a new DB ARPG, I still wish we could get a sequel to Attack of the Saiyans. It seems like no one talks about such a masterpiece, but it does get extremely hard near the end of the game.

Reactions: Deleted User

Burorī

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The last two games that told the original story of Z was Battle Of Z released in 2014 and Ultimate Tenkaichi in 2011

Xenoverse 1 and 2 has told different story's

Fighter Z starts before the Goku Black Saga

Why are people talking about "same story"?
Xenoverse 1 and 2 was the same story but with a few changes in history but it was still enjoyable

Reactions: DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao