Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot confirms that it will have multiple playable characters

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Ericzander

Ericzander ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pip Contributor
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    Dragonball Z: Kakarot?

More like Dragonball Z Katakot + Piccolo + Gohan + Vegeta.

2. FANDROID_SWIMBOIS

FANDROID_SWIMBOIS Member

Newcomer
    Apr 8, 2018
    Argentina
    wait what kakarot himself confirmed it thats a bit strange if u think about it :p1ng:

CTR640 likes this.
  3. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Princess of Cuddles

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    On your lap.
    I have Kai on DVD and Blu Ray and I've played countless DBZ games retelling the exact same story. Gimme a Xenoverse 3.

Though, I think this looks like a good game if you're not fatigued from recycling the same story over and over. Probably better than the DBZ RPGs I've played.

4. CTR640

CTR640 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2018
    Netherlands
    It IS strange if you think about it:rofl: So Kakarot lets Vegeta fight? But I wonder if Vegeta gets his ass kicked like for millionth times.

5. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    How do you know how this game looks ? I only see one single picture not showing much of a gameplay or anything.

6. Snugglevixen

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    On your lap.
    There was a demo at E3 you can find on youtube.

7. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    thanks didn't know this but after watching ... they showed not a single gameplay scene and no RPG element seen as well ... could well be just some rendered video and real game looks like shit in the end (doubt it but who knows)

And saying this could be the best RPG is brave withouth seeing any gameplay.

best one ever was the SNES one with the Cards fighting system

8. Snugglevixen

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    On your lap.

CrossOut and Youkai like this.
  9. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Jul 1, 2004
    Germany
    Germany , NRW
    Okay yes this really looks impressive !

If they would make this with a new unique story I would even preorder XD

thanks

10. CrossOut

CrossOut GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2018
    United Kingdom
    A hd collection of the tenkaichi games on pc and consoles would be great to have. I look foward to trying this game.

11. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Not interested in 800 hours of glorified diarrhea sounds for 15 minutes of actual fights.

Dbz abridged is far better at conveying the lore.

12. Ra1d

Ra1d GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 31, 2010
    Canada
    The game looks really good, and I will definitely be picking it up day one, but really disappointed that it's from the beginning. They should have started from the end of Z when they defeated Buu and make a DB Super game.

Snugglevixen likes this.
  13. Ericzander

Ericzander ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

pip Contributor
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    My issue isn't that the game starts too early in Z. My issue is that they didn't go back far enough.

I think the original Dragonball is begging to be presented as an open world game. The original series was all about adventure and exploration and collecting the Dragonballs. There's a lot of free time for Goku to go on adventures as well and there are several time jumps in the original series where all kinds of things could happen.

By the time we get to Z, Goku can zoom around the world relatively quickly. Granted, that's not until after he comes back to life. Post-Namek he can just teleport everywhere that has a ki presence. Collecting the Dragonballs and adventuring became extremely trivial at that point.

And another problem with having this game take place from the start of Z to the end of Namek is that there's so little free time for Goku to do anything. I'm not surprised that we have Gohan, Piccolo, and Vegeta playable because the game would be super quick otherwise.

Here's a quick timeline of Goku's life from the start of Z to the end of Namek.

1. Raditz kidnaps Gohan immediately.
    2. Goku fights Raditz within an hour or so of him kidnapping Gohan. Goku dies.
    3. Goku immediately runs along snakeway and then spends a bunch of time training with King Kai on a tiny planet that doesn't make for a good open world.
    4. Goku rushes back to Earth.
    5. Minutes after getting back to Earth he fights Nappa and Vegeta.
    6. Goku is incapacitated for a long time.
    7. The second he's better he jumps on a ship to Namek.
    8. The second he gets to Namek he goes off to fight the Ginyu force and then immediately has to heal.
    9. The second he gets better he goes to fight Frieza.
    10. Namek blows up and this game (presumably) ends.

There's so little room for activities!

14. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Interesting.. No Switch. SMH.

15. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    These never ending energy sounds let my ears bleed.

And CyberConnect2? Their cutscenes are gold, their gameplay feels empty and old.

Last edited by Bimmel, Jul 21, 2019
  16. awesomehero

awesomehero GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2010
    United States
    As excited as I am to have a new DB ARPG, I still wish we could get a sequel to Attack of the Saiyans. It seems like no one talks about such a masterpiece, but it does get extremely hard near the end of the game.

Snugglevixen likes this.
  17. Burorī

Burorī GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2018
    Belgium
    Xenoverse 1 and 2 was the same story but with a few changes in history but it was still enjoyable

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE likes this.