ROM Hack Dragon Ball Fusions Hacking Thread

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I do not know much of the translation process, but will in two months at least part of the menu will be translated? I think the story of this game should be pretty crazy (in short, no sense), and therefore have no interest in it
Sorry, I'm not fluent in English, I used google in some parts
Menu stuff is easy. We have 19k lines to translate throughout the whole game. We need more translators if we want to speed it up.

felipes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It really is a lot to translate. I'm sorry if I seemed rushed. Good luck and good work

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The lines don't mention any characters, it's just a group of random lines with number Markers,
so you don't know who's talking or who he/she is talking to

As for finding out correct spellings of names I'm using the Dragonball Wiki ex. Taresu = Turles (This actually blew my mind when I figured it out lol, so I decided to use the Wiki from then on)

The only problem is the Fusion names, you don't know who fused with who, so I'm translating them exactly as they're written and we can verify them later

You can compare some names here http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Fusions

Reactions: Psi-hate

WillTheLion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you guys figured out how to edit the .jtex images yet? (Like can you convert to an editable format and then back to the original yet?) I'd like to be able to edit the menu graphics on One Piece Grand Battle X and it uses that same format.

Reactions: focusonme

upfromtheskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you guys figured out how to edit the .jtex images yet? (Like can you convert to an editable format and then back to the original yet?) I'd like to be able to edit the menu graphics on One Piece Grand Battle X and it uses that same format.
If you're translating that game, you should start your own thread. You'll get more help that way.

EoZ090

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
thanks a lot for translating this game, if u can traslate the menus and the attacks I will appreciate :)

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Game is very playable without knowing Japanese, just finished the story part of it with 0 knowledge. Main problems are side quests and EX fusion requirements. It also sucks having to guess which moves are which but with some trial and error you can have a super good team. Likewise passive abilities are a mystery to me but it's a nice surprise when you see a useful one activate in battle.

focusonme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game is very playable without knowing Japanese, just finished the story part of it with 0 knowledge. Main problems are side quests and EX fusion requirements. It also sucks having to guess which moves are which but with some trial and error you can have a super good team. Likewise passive abilities are a mystery to me but it's a nice surprise when you see a useful one activate in battle.
no i dont understand anything lol

felipes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I also played a little, and did not understand anything. I will wait for the translation

tNB

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It's very possible the story will never get translated because it's too much for fans and game might not be localized.

https://www.twitch.tv/chyadosensei has VODs of playing through the story and most side quests and he translates the dialogue and what you have to do which is very nice.

For a lot of stuff I use the google translate app on android to translate stuff on the screen live.

felipes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's very possible the story will never get translated because it's too much for fans and game might not be localized.

https://www.twitch.tv/chyadosensei has VODs of playing through the story and most side quests and he translates the dialogue and what you have to do which is very nice.

For a lot of stuff I use the google translate app on android to translate stuff on the screen live.

I think Bandai will not bring him to the West, so I will wait (even a year) the guys translate at least the menus and abilities (as said before, the story of the game does not matter much). Having the menu I'm already glad

Zeriel

Squid Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
I think Bandai will not bring him to the West, so I will wait (even a year) the guys translate at least the menus and abilities (as said before, the story of the game does not matter much). Having the menu I'm already glad

Right now I have all of the abilities descriptions translated and a lot of the ability names, The character creation, almost all the menus and a lot of other miscellaneous stuff.
I have over 1K lines translated so far but the script is more than 18K text markers and several of them are more than one sentence long, so this won't be easy.

I will try my best to get this completed but I'm the only translator and since the text lines are not in order it's very difficult to get several translators working unless they can
stay communicated.

I'm focusing on the menus and they're almost done, without the quests or achievements, since I have to go trough the game one by one to translate them, @Helmax is working
on a way to get the text in right now

felipes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
[QUOTE = "Zeriel, post: 6602675, membro: 368137"] Agora eu tenho todas as descrições habilidades traduzido e um monte de nomes de habilidade, de criação de personagem, quase todos os menus e um monte de outras coisas diversas.
Tenho mais de 1K linhas traduzido até agora, mas o script é mais do que 18K marcadores de texto e vários deles são mais do que uma frase longa, então isso não será fácil.

Vou tentar o meu melhor para conseguir este concluído, mas eu sou o único tradutor e uma vez que as linhas de texto não estão em ordem, é muito difícil conseguir vários tradutores trabalhando a menos que possam
ficar comunicado.

Estou focando os menus e eles estão quase pronto, sem as quests ou realizações, uma vez que eu tenho que ir através do jogo um por um para traduzi-los, [USER = 273984] @Helmax [/ USUÁRIO] está trabalhando
em uma maneira de obter o texto na direita agora [/ QUOTE]

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline"> <div id = "inner-editor"> </ div>

Estou realmente muito feliz com o seu trabalho. Até eu estou espantado que é quase sobre o menu, já que você é o único tradutor.

Last edited by felipes,
Reactions: Zeriel

felipes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry, I used chrome translator and just fucking the answer, but I think you understand.

WillTheLion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can see the text and are looking for where it is in your files (especially if you have multiple files) I recommend grepwin to search across all the files. It's helped tons in my groups translation of Maplestory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1