Dragon Ball Fusions Hacking Thread

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by kprovost7314, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Hasaosan

Hasaosan Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2016
    United States
    Yea they released on a really short notice.. game sucks tho so meh no loss.

2. Enryx25

Enryx25 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 25, 2016
    Italy
    IMO it's a really good game.

3. Hasaosan

Hasaosan Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2016
    United States
    Dont remember asking for your opinion but im glad you like it :) hope it does well in the states so more games come :D

Enryx25 likes this.
  4. upfromtheskies

upfromtheskies GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
  5. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    Seems like it would be easy, I believe I found the files affected but I've no clue on how to repack the .cpk and I've not even started the game so don't have a save to boot up a battle to see if a stick is now a sword.

I know a user on that iso site who is looking into it and has played the game, so I stopped.

6. Hasaosan

Hasaosan Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2016
    United States
  7. Don Ravioli

Don Ravioli Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2016
    France
    When the franchise as a whole is about people fighting each other, and one sword (Trunks's) has been an iconic part of the franchise, yes. But tell me, why even ask if you don't care about the game ?

8. Dale Ginney

Dale Ginney Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Do any of you guys know how to add characters in the game through hex editing? If so what are the id's for the characters

9. kprovost7314
    OP

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Shota and Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    The QuickBMS script works.

10. DarkSynopsis

DarkSynopsis GBAtemp Fan

Oct 15, 2014
    New Zealand
    New Zealand
    It does? need to try it again then, I tried a cpk repacker the other day and it worked great on Citra but didn't work on the 3DS at all.

Looks like the QuickBMS reimports and wants the same file size? the sword models are just a bit bigger in size then the sticks, I tried force re-import and the game just freezes when one would be used :(

Last edited by DarkSynopsis, Jan 10, 2017 - Reason: Tried QuickBMS.
  11. Sapphon

Sapphon Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Any news on this matter? Besides is it true that the Cell Regeneration Animation has been altered aswell?

12. auriejir

auriejir Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2016
    France
    Hi, I'm working on a special moves editor.
    I think I've located the 30 slots for saved moves and I was going to run some tests to see if I'm right but it would seem that there is a checksum.

I noticed that the 4 last octets change significantly from one save to another so I guess this is it but I'm far from being an expert. Anyone knows which algorithm is used ?

Naturally, if anyone is interested, I can indicate what I found out.

edit : ok, I found my answer on 4chan, here are my notes...
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by auriejir, Aug 19, 2017
  13. youngjay

youngjay Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2017
    So how would I be able to add ssj onto my character's moveset? Any screenshots for visuals would be very helpful

Last edited by youngjay, Jul 12, 2017
  14. auriejir

auriejir Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2016
    France
    well, you must understand this : there is no graphical help for this, we are talking about hex editing, it is as plain as opening your save with any hex editor and overwriting stuff.
    you must also make a backup before any attempt at anything, better safe than sorry.

The process is fairly simple : look for the address I identified as "moves section" (0x150) and then put the value you want (here 980d).
    the real problem for you might be to then recalculate your checksum so that your game don't consider your save corrupted and delete it. it is a crc32 sum of the whole file minus the 4 last words, don't forget to write it in the 3DS big endian way (57 05 0d 76 become 76 0d 05 57). I had a script for this but I don't have it here. I edited my post to add the crc32 recalculation script.

note that, even if my end goal is to make an editor on the 3DS, the project is just started and may never actually produce anything. I also don't intend to help loosers who only want easy wins in multi; I am however willing to help anyone who want to understand how this thing works since this game's character system is way more powerful than the character creation allows you to do. for example, look at my character (the values are in my notes) :
    and, I guess, you could make a fridge the same way, your character's appearance is completely separated from its race or anything.

Last edited by auriejir, Aug 12, 2017
  15. ThisisCanada

ThisisCanada Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2016
    United States
    Hello I am part of a community developing gateway codes and NTR plugins for DragonBall Fusion. It is only truly a couple of us there with the know how on how to create codes.

It seems like you might be just the type of person we are looking for.
    Just click this discord link... https://discord.gg/UmRXeXH

16. auriejir

auriejir Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2016
    France
    well, thanks for the invite, I would have loved to work with you in may, back when I was really into it with way too many time at hand... but I just took a job and I don't think I can find any time to sleep now so it won't be easy (I checked anyway). well, let's say that my personal projects are on hold for the time being.

that being said, I periodically check this thread so if you have questions that I can answer, I will try my best to do it.

now, let's go to sleep, I have almost 4 whole hours before work...

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted