• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,398
  • Replies 4
D

Deleted User

OP
10.0.9.11-image178_530x298.jpg

QUOTE(http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/27/dragon-age-2-to-include-bonus-dlc-pipeline/) said:
Unsurprisingly, Dragon Age 2 will feature some manifestation of "Project Ten Dollar" (an incentive to buy EA's games new) akin to Mass Effect 2's bonus content delivery system, the Cerberus Network. "We will be doing that," executive producer Mark Darrah confirmed to Joystiq during a recent press preview of the game. "We haven't announced what's in it, but it'll definitely be something kind of in that Cerberus vein where there will be additional content."

Speaking of Dragon Age 2 DLC in general (and not necessarily just the freebie content), Darrah said we could expect to see a boost in quality over the Dragon Age: Origins DLC, which prompted complaints about a limited scope and areas being recycled from the main game. He assured us that the sequel's add-ons would be more unique: "What we're doing with the DLC in Dragon Age 2 is making it larger; so it'll be bigger teams, more unique environments, more unique creatures -- so that it gets the attention it deserves to get."

BioWare intends to offer free DLC to early birds as well, with pre-orders of Dragon Age 2 being upgraded to the BioWare Signature Edition at no extra charge. Dragon Age 2 will launch on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC on March 8, 2011.

CVG Article on the same thingEA wants you to buy games new, not second hand. We've all grasped that now, and its campaign continues with Dragon Age 2, for which its offering free downloadable content to everyone who grabs a new copy of the game come March next year.

EA has revealed it will being doing with DA2 something similar to the Cerebus Network offerings of Mass Effect 2, which could be accessed "exclusively by original purchasers" of the game through a single-use unlock code in the box.

"We will be doing that," executive producer Mark Darrah told Joystiq. "We haven't announced what's in it, but it'll definitely be something kind of in that Cerberus vein where there will be additional content," he added, rather vaguely.

Darrah also promised generally better quality DLC for DA2 than there was for Dragon Age: Origins, which was often criticised for its re-use of existing material and environments. "What we're doing with the DLC in Dragon Age 2 is making it larger; so it'll be bigger teams, more unique environments, more unique creatures -- so that it gets the attention it deserves to get," he said.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When they offer pre-order bonusses I'm always sceptic about the quality of the game.. Why do they want you to pre-order it so badly? So people will buy it before they recive the bad reviews?

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already placed my pre-order. I loved the first one and I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the second one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination