DQ9 Cheats help

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by misticknight, Jul 18, 2010.

Jul 18, 2010

DQ9 Cheats help by misticknight at 7:08 AM (2,887 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. misticknight
    OP

Member misticknight GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    got the latest USRCHEAT.DAT (17 July) and it won't recognise the cheat list when i try to load it via DQ9 even though in the changelog it mentions the cheats have been available since the 15th. Is it cause its the patched XENOM rom?

2. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    does anyone at least have the cheat codes working on the AceKard so i know if its possible or should i just give up?

3. vietxking

Newcomer vietxking Member

United States
    did you change the ID code using R4CCE?

4. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Yes it is because you're using the XENOM ROM. In order to get this ROM working download R4CCE. Load the UCRCHEAT.dat and find DQIX (U) in the long list & click on it. You will find an area for Game ID. Click on the "... "button and load the XENOM ROM so that R4CCE and extract the Game ID. Save the *.dat and copy it back over into SD:/__aio/cheats. Rebuild cache if necessary by pressing X on the cheat menu.

You can avoid this procedure by using the Bahamut release and AKAIO 1.7.1 with updated loaders. I'm not sure on the XENOM Bahamut save compatibility though.

5. misticknight
    OP

Australia
    thanks heaps guys! i suspected it was that i didnt know how to fix it though.

6. nzbeans

Newcomer nzbeans Newbie

New Zealand
    A save made with the XENOM version works perfectly with the Bahamut version. Just completed my second boss battle with it.