DPG's and you...

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Briankealing, Jun 7, 2009.

Jun 7, 2009

DPG's and you... by Briankealing at 3:39 AM (1,041 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Briankealing
    OP

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So I was fooling around on SUPER and converted a bunch of DPG's.

Then I searched "dpg" on google and saw that there were 4 kinds of dpgs - each better than the previous. I didn't really pay attention to this much, SUPER was fine.

So I was using another computer without SUPER and I'd thought I'd give www.media-convert.com a try.
    Results?

Blew me away.

The site may not convert perfect video or audio, but the SCROLL SPEED WAS INSTANTANEOUS.
    Like, I could scroll to the last part of a 4-min film from SUPER and it would take about 2 seconds.
    Media convert took 0.0001.

I think it's because of the new dpg 2,3, and 4.

Does anyone know a good dpg 2,3, or 4 converter?

More details later... (goes off to sleep)

2. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    the one packaged with moonshell 2 is imho flawless. instantaneous skipping and audio is almost always in sync with the video. honestly, i have converted 15 movies, 50 episodes of the simpsons, 20 episodes of futurama and about about another 50 videos from ohter tv shows and it has only gone out of sync once

3. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    ImToo/Xillisoft DPG Converter (they are the same except from a different company)

Wondershare DPG Converter

Those are both paid but the quality is gorgeous. About twice as good as SUPER or anything else.

4. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    wondershare sucks

5. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    No need to be rude. If your just here to post a bad comment to someone else's post then don't post at all.

The one included with the moonshell 2 is quite good also, yes. I like it when I'm too lazy to go to switch from Chrome to Firefox to download a Youtube Video. Then there's BatchDPG. The quality is good, but it's very slow. SUPER hangs a lot. But the quality is decent if it's successful. Overall, if you don't wanna pay, use the one with moonshel 2. If you do wanna pay, go with Xillisoft or ImToo (Wondershare is slightly worse but it's fine, it's also compatible with DPG2, 3, and 4).

Screenshots

Warning: Spoilers inside!

6. Briankealing
    OP

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I had problems with the MNSHL2 converter - the screen would go all disoriented and it would be black and white.

I "got" a copy of ImTOO - as it's easier to "get" imTOO than xilisoft.

7. Mr.Mysterio

Member Mr.Mysterio GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Qatar
    Lol!I got both ImTOO as well as wondershare.ImTOO is definitely the better one out of the two.