Downtown London Attacked!

SkuiD87

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm a Muslim and I live in London. I Obviously condemn the the attacks and my sorrow is with the families of those who have been hurt by the trajedy.

However, I feel as though the global community at large needs to stop pointing fingers at Muslims by default. Tony Blair blamed the "Islamist Terrorists" even before the police had determined that it was an attack! They thought it was an accident with London Transport!

My cousin sister came home crying yesterday because she had been verbally abused and blamed for the attacks by some guys off the street. A women in central London had her headscarf ripped off by some hooligans again, blaming her for the attack.

I say all this because I hope, that all of you in your prayers, include us Muslims who are fast becoming victims of an attack we had nothing to do with, as well as with the families who are grieving for what they have lost.

On a final note, if terrorism is the indiscriminate slaughter of civilians then I condemn this whether this is in London, Madrid as well as the US actions in Fallujah were they used Napalm, The British in Kandahar aswell Umm Qasar and Basra. Aswell as the aggression of the state of Israel against indiscriminate Muslims Palestine. Terrorism is daily in this world we live in. Sometimes the perpretators are those who we least expect it to be, those who call for freedom, yet infringe on the freedoms of other nations...

Stimulant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People forget to realize that they people who harmed the most daily, mentally and physically everyday, by terrorists, are not us the Americans. Or the English. But simply, the Muslims in places like Afghanistan, Iraq, and other Middle Eastern Countries. London goes nuts after a terrorist attack is on their soil. When little people know it if you click on world news everyday you can find equalities happening in other countries. But just because its in a Bigot country like our own, people are quick to fire and blame people.

Though when I heard it I did feel sad, but to me, the biggest victims of all terrorist activities are the people that the Americans/English(like tony blair) persecute. Stop blaming Islam for all the terrorist problems and LOOK to why they are doing it. Why? Because of our personalities and our pride.

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personalities and pride are not justification for anything. Blair and Bush have been quite clear (for once!) that it is not Islam that commits these acts, but extremists. They don't believe abortion clinic bombers are representative of all Christians, just the extremists. It's the same with extremists from any religion.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's just recently been a scare in Birmingham, the inner city is being evacuated (people are being told to leave restaurants, pubs, clubs etc...) and others are recommended to leave and to not enter the city, many roads have also been closed...

Apparently it's a bomb scare but nothing much has been mentioned, the police are being quite tight lipped about it at the moment.

I'll update if anything important comes up.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
My cousin sister came home crying yesterday because she had been verbally abused and blamed for the attacks by some guys off the street. A women in central London had her headscarf ripped off by some hooligans again, blaming her for the attack. I say all this because I hope, that all of you in your prayers, include us Muslims who are fast becoming victims of an attack we had nothing to do with, as well as with the families who are grieving for what they have lost.
You're absolutely right - nothing good comes from terrorism. The terrorists themselves are usually a tiny number of people compared to the size of the groups they claim to be associated with. In attacking innocents they merely succeed in setting up the innocents from their own side of the fence. Thus subjecting the whole of their own race/religeous group to misplaced persecution from the small number of thick idiots in their target group who don't have enough of a brain to work out that being a member of a certain race and religeon are not the sole criteria to support terrorist attacks. Those thug-like, shallow kind of people sicken me almost as much as the terrorists do.
mad.gif

[Edit: did that actually make any sense? I know what I mean...]

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
There's just recently been a scare in Birmingham, the inner city is being evacuated (people are being told to leave restaurants, pubs, clubs etc...) and others are recommended to leave and to not enter the city, many roads have also been closed...

Apparently it's a bomb scare but nothing much has been mentioned, the police are being quite tight lipped about it at the moment.

I'll update if anything important comes up.

'Police confirmed that four controlled explosions had been carried out on a bus in Corporation Street.
- BBC News Website

Thank God :/

cruddybuddy

Group: Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
varpness.com
XP
Country
United States
My cousin sister came home crying yesterday because she had been verbally abused and blamed for the attacks by some guys off the street. A women in central London had her headscarf ripped off by some hooligans again, blaming her for the attack. I say all this because I hope, that all of you in your prayers, include us Muslims who are fast becoming victims of an attack we had nothing to do with, as well as with the families who are grieving for what they have lost.
You're absolutely right - nothing good comes from terrorism. The terrorists themselves are usually a tiny number of people compared to the size of the groups they claim to be associated with. In attacking innocents they merely succeed in setting up the innocents from their own side of the fence. Thus subjecting the whole of their own race/religeous group to misplaced persecution from the small number of thick idiots in their target group who don't have enough of a brain to work out that being a member of a certain race and religeon are not the sole criteria to support terrorist attacks. Those thug-like, shallow kind of people sicken me almost as much as the terrorists do.
mad.gif

[Edit: did that actually make any sense? I know what I mean...]

Yeah, it's time for the main Muslim leaders (aka the "popes" of Islam) to come out against these attacks instead of sitting on their asses letting assumptions be made. As for being sicken by uninformed or even semi-racist people almost as much as murders, well that's pretty ignorant in itself. So someone got a headscarf ripped off, so what? It's a crime; it's a hate crime, but it's not murder. It think all things considered London as well as the U.S. have really been quite tolerant of the Muslim community. Hell, the Crusades were centuries ago and we STILL have to hear about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.