Downtown London Attacked!

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heard about this this afternoon in geography. It's terrible, just as London win the olympics bid, too... :'(

Best wishes to all those families with those who are wounded.

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well, im startin' to wonder some things..... allmost EVERY terrorist action today are blamed on AL-quaida (spelling?).... (or they take the responsibillity what ever)... i think that is kinda suspicious..... there must be more terrorist organisations than just al-q. right?

I wish a lot more people realized this.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
It's so sick that someone would want to do something like that. My route to school (I live in London) is actually pretty close to one of the areas involved in the explosions, but luckily I have work experience (FYI it's when you leave your school temperarily (sp?) to work for a business -in this case I'm working for a solicitors group-) and therefore got to leave home just after the attacks.

As far as I know my dad's ok at work and everyone else is at home so things are ok. I haven't heard from my friends and I know it's going to be a pain travelling for a while (had to wait over an hour for a bus which usually takes less than 10 minutes to arrive).

It's kinda nice to know that you're being thought about by friends (i.e. you guys and family). I decided to go straight home after work so I haven't really been given much info on whats happened apart from the radio and some of the workers who were in the area at work.

Gotta go

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
well, im startin' to wonder some things..... allmost EVERY terrorist action today are blamed on AL-quaida (spelling?).... (or they take the responsibillity what ever)... i think that is kinda suspicious..... there must be more terrorist organisations than just al-q. right?

I wish a lot more people realized this.

one little theory i've got, about alli-q. is:
What if, and i dont doubt it, bin ladin is dead... and he's the leader (he is, right?)
then, if he's dead, Then we blame if for terorists and trying to find their leader who doesn't excist........

Or even the whole alli-q. might be dead / disbanded..... maybe thats just a cover-up group for all the other groups.... who knows.. who knows....

what do you think?

EDIT: (Spelling?) to most of the text? (i cant think in this heat..)

L

lastdual

Sad to see another tradgedy. Latest reports are saying 37 dead and as high as 700 people with injuries.

Story: HERE

In places like Israel, attacks like this are a daily occurence. Hopefully the same thing will not spread across Europe, but with the attack in Spain not long ago, recent riots is France, and now this. . . I don't mean to be ominous, but it seems like things are just beginning, especially considering that some experts estimate Muslims will outnumber native Europeans in Europe by 2050 (I'm not saying that all Muslims are dangerous, but Muslim states have a bad track record of policing their more radical sects).

Our hearts are with the victims, and I hope the authorities find those bastards responsible and blow them all to hell.

E

exile

Can we change the topic icon to something other than a smiley face? It is bothering me a lot when I see it on the main page.

mynimal

Kyoji sux.
Trophies
Website
www.mynimalistic.net
XP
Country
I've heard it was revenge for something.

QUOTE said:
A terror group linked to al Qaeda says it carried out a series of terror attacks on London that have left a number of people dead and hundreds injured. A previously unknown group calling itself "Secret Organisation al Qaeda in Europe" said it carried out the attacks as revenge for British "military massacres" in Iraq and Afghanistan.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've heard it was revenge for something.
Well apparently it was Al-Qaeda doing what they said they'd do, punish Britain for not pulling their troops out of Iraq. Now Denmark and Italy are the only two countries remaining... and Al-Qaeda threatened them today.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if any locations will be evacuated (Intentional or not)?
Security's been upped from amber to red. I doubt there will be any large scale evacuations, it's too inconvinient... we never know when the Al-Qaeda will decide to fuck up somewhere next, could be next week could be next year...

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
hmm, im glad sweden is "neutral" or what to say....
well, oficially, were neutral... but inofficialy, i dont know...
cause, we were neutral during ww2... but we helped german at some point.... (my history teacher told me that)..

anyway, i dont think sweden's ever been terrorised.... *knocks on wood*

Overdrive_X

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if any locations will be evacuated (Intentional or not)?

Security's been upped from amber to red. I doubt there will be any large scale evacuations, it's too inconvinient... we never know when the Al-Qaeda will decide to fuck up somewhere next, could be next week could be next year...

It sad to say but it's better to live your live without thinking of WHEN and WHERE it can happen. Sometimes thinking can make you go crazy. What happened is very Sad, but don't fear it happen near you. Otherwise they will win , you will fair going out your house. Stay strong guys

bakhalishta

my teef hurt
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I heard that the bombing may be related to the fact that and algerian man, suspected of being a terrorist, was emprisoned by Scotland Yard.

I've been following the story,and i'm happy to see that the gbatempers living in London and in the UK are safe. I hope their families are too.

This is a sad day for humanity.

Tempest Stormwin

Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly don't have much to say on this, since I'm relatively in the dark about all this.

However, anyone even remotely connected to this has my sympathies.

If I were anything more than words on a screen to any of you, I would do what I could to help.

-Tempest out.-

omarroms

Trophies
Website
www.freewebs.com
XP
Country
United States
after reading some sites I will now pray for all the injured people and the people who lost their lives, may them all rest in peace.

(a few minutes later)
Damn YOU TERRORIST bastards!!!!! leave the world alone already and live in peace, PEACE!!.

Mega_Mizzle_X

Music and Me...
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, Shouts out wot everyone whos knows someone in London, I wish them all the best, I really hope they get the bastards. I really cant figure out why anyone would do that, i mean really.

It just aint right.

PS: Tempest, Alpha Shade rocks my sox, i read the first couple and was hooked, great stuff!
I Love it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte