Downloading off IRC

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Shakraka, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Shakraka
    OP

Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    United States
    Well, I've been trying to get a file to complete a collection of an animu series off an IRC channel, but I'm stuck at a problem. I've been following Ronin's IRC guide (http://ronin.soldats.net/leech_guide.html#Setting%20up%20mIRC) and I'm stuck at the folders option under DCC. When I get to that point, my menu looks nothing like that.

I think the method I'm following is outdated, and I'm using a newer version of mIRC, so i think I should use a different guide, but I know of none. I would appreciate it if anyone gave me a good guide for downloading off mIRC.

Thanks for help in advance.

2. seedvt

seedvt GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2008
    Canada
    Vancouver, BC
    Most IRC channels use xdcc nowadays - all you have to do is find the packlist (usually on the subber/release group's webpage) and type in /msg BOTNAME xdcc send #packnumber

3. Shakraka
    OP

Shakraka GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    United States
    Oh. Heh, I didn't know it was that simple. Thanks, now I can complete my "The Big O" collection.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice