Gaming Download play

Picklenut

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Not even sure if this is the right section to even create this thread but it's been a long time since I even made one so let's get into it (but move the thread, or delete it if it's in the wrong section). I have a US 2DS XL I got in the Philippines, my younger sibling (YS for short) on the other hand has a EUR 2DS.. Both systems are updated the latest version for system and luma as of right now. I wanted to play a game with YS through Download play. The EUR 2DS somehow can recognize the game I was trying to let them join and play, but when they clicked on it, it says that they needed to update to the latest version (the EUR 2DS is on the latest version, as stated previously). This is obviously a stupid question since I'm pretty sure Download Play IS REGION LOCKED, but I'm pretty sure it has to be both consoles not being able to find each other. In this case, both consoles are able to connect, it just won't let the 2DS play because it requires an update, even though it has the latest version.

yeah, help

Nomagno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Kinda late but it is likely the two consoles have different versions (US vs EU firmware), and the generic case they have coded for different versions is the "Update your console" popup. I recall seeing such a situation, so rest assured nothing is broken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: