Download Play

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by 7llusion, Feb 4, 2007.

?

Would this be possible?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Feb 4, 2007

Download Play by 7llusion at 7:00 PM (926 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. 7llusion
    OP

Member 7llusion GBAtemp Regular

France
    Assuming that most of your friends don't want to flash their DS I thouyght of a solution to still have 100% download play compability.
    I noticed that when playing homebrew(such a A Touch of War) you can take out the slot-1 flashcart without the DS freezing, therefore allowing people to continue playing the game.
    Now imagine a homebrew that would be used like this:
    -I insert my slot 1 into my friends DS, and I boot DoPl100.nds (Download Play 100%)
    -I remove the slot-1
    -I load Mariokart on my own DS using the slot-1 I just removed from the other DS and send him a copy of MArioKart.
    -DoPl100.nds on my friends DS recognise that Mariokart is being shared and afetr confirmation, boots the demo with no RSA security check.
    Thats basically it.
    So my question is:
    -Can somebody make it?
    -Is this possible
    Illusion

2. chuckstudios

Member chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

United States
    Someone named Juglak on gbadev was working on something like this, I think. His was supposed to use a flashed DS, but if you just used the intermediate "Loading..." program then it would probably work.

3. Mewgia

Member Mewgia drifter

United States
    that would be a neat thing to have. Then my friends wouldn't have to flash their DSs to do download play with me, yayz...
    It would be great to have a feature where you can put the card in the first DS that wants to receive the demo, press start or whatever to activate it, take it out of that DS when finished, and put it in another friend's DS and repeat the process without rebooting. then, have it let you go back to the flashcard's main menu without turning it off, for the same reason. Convenience, ease of use, and amount of time it takes to use are all key to a successful app, in my opinion (In addition to, you know, effectiveness).
    Of course, none of that may be possible because of hardware, I don't know. It's all speculation, really...

4. [M]artin

Member [M]artin .

United States
    Sounds like a perfect plan, in theory. Let's see this bad boy materialize... [​IMG]

5. Monkey01

Member Monkey01 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Hmm, I wonder if it's possible to receive Download Play games and run them outside of DS's Download Play mode and in homebrew... has this done before?
    Also with Slot1 carts, has it been tested that flashing firmware improves Download Play compatibility? Cause I keep hearing stuff about that this flashing the receiving DS works fine with Slot2 carts, but not with Slot1's... that would probably mean that it just sends wrong data and then a homebrew program will not solve this problem either...

6. aphexpusher

Member aphexpusher GBAtemp Regular

United States
    this sounds like a dream. hope someone can code something like this...