Download Japanese VC titles?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by DDRPenguin, Jun 2, 2009.

Jun 2, 2009

Download Japanese VC titles? by DDRPenguin at 4:24 AM (1,479 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. DDRPenguin
    OP

Member DDRPenguin GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    Is there a way I can download Japanese Virtual Console titles on to my Wii. I really want the game Antartic Adventure, but its not out in the US.

2. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    There's a hack on the DSi that you can change the servers and can get upto 3,000 DSi points. if it's possible for the Wii also, then you have a chance to get your game

3. pitoui

Member pitoui GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I just bought a dsi the other day, can you tell me how to get free DSi points for it? BTW it's a US model.

4. s3phir0th115

Member s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I believe you could accomplish this by changing your wii's region with anyregionchanger, then getting whatever japanese VC titles you wanted.

If you wanted to revert to whatever region you're at after the download, you could use wad creator to extract what you downloaded, then region free patch or whatever region you prefer patch the wad. Then you could install the region free or whatever region wad to your wii once you change it back. I don't think compatibility using this method is perfect, and it can take a lot of work. It can also be very risky if you don't know what you're doing.

5. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Actually, it's not so easy to do this any more. Nintendo started locking down the shop region on the server too (so you're locked into whatever you last visited the shop with). Apparently, if you wipe everything you could then change the region and it would work, but then again, that's wiping things from your Wii. It's a pain if you want to back up everything first to ensure you can have it after you get your foreign titles. It's too bad...before they did that I was able to get Rondo of Blood from the Japanese shop channel really easily.

6. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    You can install VC or WiiWare through wadmanager, if you have HBC in your system. But this is the pirate way.

7. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

WHAT? [​IMG]

8. david432111

Member david432111 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Denmark
    I hope that he was joking lol [​IMG].

9. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Exactly. This is why I'm not doing it.

10. G0dLiKe

Member G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Any news on this? Because I want to install jap VC games too.

Tried to install Rondo of Blood as a wad- it is working but the banner which should show the name of the game is empty, only the pic of the game in Wii system visible...

is this because the euro Wii cannot display kanji?

Any advice?

Let me know.

Thanks.