Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 844,394
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'd need the decrypted NAND to get to the error logs of the 3DS. I got a "broken" 3DS from a friend which crashes to the home menu with an error and reboots after pressing ok when doing certain stuff, sometimes it even crashes randomly.
That's just the CTRNAND partition then, which I believe you can dump (decrypted) using D9 :)

EpicLPer

Your friendly Austrian IT Guy
Trophies
Website
epiclper.com
XP
Country
Austria
That's just the CTRNAND partition then, which I believe you can dump (decrypted) using D9 :)
Ah okay, just saw yes. Thanks, help a lot :)

But just for the "sake of teaching myself stuff": How would I progress when I already have the XORPAD FAT16 partition and NAND dump? How do I XOR both things?
I've read that I can do it with a HEX editor but that's far beyond my current skills :P

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But just for the "sake of teaching myself stuff": How would I progress when I already have the XORPAD FAT16 partition and NAND dump? How do I XOR both things?
I've read that I can do it with a HEX editor but that's far beyond my current skills :P
Well if you were doing everything manually (just for the sake of learning how it works) you'd first separate the CTRNAND partition out (you can find the offsets here https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Flash_Filesystem) then you'd need to XOR every bit with the XORpad... not sure how to do the XOR with a hex editor (other than manually and I say no thanks to that) but there are several programs out there that will XOR 2 files for you, after doing that you should have a decrypted partition and be good to edit it... once done then you can just use the XORpad again to encrypt it exactly the same way you decrypted it, then inject it back into the full NAND image and pray it works lol

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country

For the sake of doing things manually have a look at @d0k3's program 3DSFAT16Tool https://github.com/d0k3/3DSFAT16tool
Quite handy for manually extracting with the xorpad method. :)

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nice! But I guess I will leave that out of the main build. The menu is confusing enough for users as it is, plus that many new options will mean a lot more maintenance.

Can you check for # of emuNANDs on the current SD? If so, just implement an additional screen inbetween hitting the "EmuNAND Options" and displaying the actual options, where you specify wthat all the following operations are done on emuNAND #x.

Like go from "Main screen" -> "Choose which EmuNAND" -> "EmuNAND options"

edit: also just skip the selection screen if only one emuNAND is detected

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you check for # of emuNANDs on the current SD? If so, just implement an additional screen inbetween hitting the "EmuNAND Options" and displaying the actual options, where you specify wthat all the following operations are done on emuNAND #x.

Like go from "Main screen" -> "Choose which EmuNAND" -> "EmuNAND options"

edit: also just skip the selection screen if only one emuNAND is detected
That doesn't make it any simpler. Maybe more userfriendly though. Also not many people are actually using a Multi EmuNAND Setup, and even less people use a Multi EmuNAND Setup and use Decrypt9.

Maybe @baesup will consider it, though?

Last edited by d0k3,

sumirecccp

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hello。
When use D9 to De/Encrypt(NCCH,SD-emunand) a 3ds game (CDNto3DS, SDto3DS) with seed encryption, the game manual will cannot be access,or be missing(show the message game card is ejected.) but the game can be played normally.

I use D9's SD Decryption(emunand) and Sdto3DS to build the game. and D9's NCCH De/Encrypt to remove the seed encryption.

And a game without seed encryption won't have this bug.
@d0k3

Last edited by sumirecccp,

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
I thought so, but they were equal in size and then the doubt arised. Well thanks.
Ah yeah i can see why you asked i guess. :)
You can use the other .dat versions at the same time though, Emunand9WIP / UI .dat, Decrypt9WIP / UI .dat. (Can be used from MSET and browser(old 3ds only)).
To be honest i think it's time the Launcher.dat version was removed.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello。
When use D9 to De/Encrypt(NCCH,SD-emunand) a 3ds game (CDNto3DS, SDto3DS) with seed encryption, the game manual will cannot be access,or be missing(show the message game card is ejected.) but the game can be played normally.

I use D9's SD Decryption(emunand) and Sdto3DS to build the game. and D9's NCCH De/Encrypt to remove the seed encryption.

And a game without seed encryption won't have this bug.
@d0k3
Let me guess, you are a GW owner, right? The problem your describing only happens on GW, in CFW there is no problem such as this, all CFWs since Pasta do it right. I suggest you write an email to the GW support and nag them to finally implement signature patching for all contents and not just the CXI. Not like you would be the first to ask them.
I thought so, but they were equal in size and then the doubt arised. Well thanks.
They are equal in size because they use the same base file, and the actual ARM9 payload is injected into it.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno why you would want to... I was brainstorming to simply answer the question from @Urbanshadow .

But I have a question of my own... why the H. E. hocky sticks, do so many people insist on using -shadow- in their user name? No imagination?

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.