Freckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was hoping to load CFW via caffeine instead of the RCM and AUTORCM method, I've heard its saves power and i won't have to lug around an injector! (is this right?)
I'm unsure if my switch came with 4.0.1 or 4.1.0 how can i find out? i'd like to downgrade back to this if i can. It was hacked, NANDbacked up, AutoRMC'd and finally updated using ChoiDujourNX to 6.2.0.

How can i safely downgrade without bricking?

Thanks

Freckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ahh dang... soft bricked it.
I removed AutoRCM, found my 4.0.1 or 4.1.0 nandump and boot0 and boot1 dumps, I had to combine all my rawnand.bin 1-14 into one super nand on a exFAT SDcard, installed the boo0 and boot1 followed by the rawnand.bin
I can still boot into hekate soo... just no idea what to do next...
any advice?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
ahh dang... soft bricked it.
I removed AutoRCM, found my 4.0.1 or 4.1.0 nandump and boot0 and boot1 dumps, I had to combine all my rawnand.bin 1-14 into one super nand on a exFAT SDcard, installed the boo0 and boot1 followed by the rawnand.bin
I can still boot into hekate soo... just no idea what to do next...
any advice?
Make sure you combined the files in the correct order and that the boot0/boot1 files are from the same firmware version as the NAND backup. Other than that, I hope you have another NAND backup ready in case you can't fix it.

Freckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make sure you combined the files in the correct order and that the boot0/boot1 files are from the same firmware version as the NAND backup. Other than that, I hope you have another NAND backup ready in case you can't fix it.
I used the command
copy /b rawnand.bin.00 + rawnand.bin.01 + rawnand.bin.02 + rawnand.bin.03 + rawnand.bin.04 + rawnand.bin.05 + rawnand.bin.06 + rawnand.bin.07 + rawnand.bin.08 + rawnand.bin.09 + rawnand.bin.10 + rawnand.bin.11 + rawnand.bin.12 + rawnand.bin.13 + rawnand.bin.14 rawnand.bin
found from here https://gbatemp.net/threads/joiner-failing-nand-backup.515435/.

When i carried out the Nandump backup it said verified and successful the same when restoring. I backed up everything, should i have done multiple backups??
I did a backup of the 6.2 choirdujournx, autorcm update-not-update crazyness but im really unsure now what i should be doing

Edit: i just tried another Boot0/boot1 (6.2) along with the nandump (4.0.1) which blue screened. i was able to put the boot0/1 4.0.1 back on but has returned to black screen only. should i try the GPP partitions?

Last edited by Freckles,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I used the command
copy /b rawnand.bin.00 + rawnand.bin.01 + rawnand.bin.02 + rawnand.bin.03 + rawnand.bin.04 + rawnand.bin.05 + rawnand.bin.06 + rawnand.bin.07 + rawnand.bin.08 + rawnand.bin.09 + rawnand.bin.10 + rawnand.bin.11 + rawnand.bin.12 + rawnand.bin.13 + rawnand.bin.14 rawnand.bin
found from here https://gbatemp.net/threads/joiner-failing-nand-backup.515435/.

When i carried out the Nandump backup it said verified and successful the same when restoring. I backed up everything, should i have done multiple backups??
I did a backup of the 6.2 choirdujournx, autorcm update-not-update crazyness but im really unsure now what i should be doing

Edit: i just tried another Boot0/boot1 (6.2) along with the nandump (4.0.1) which blue screened. i was able to put the boot0/1 4.0.1 back on but has returned to black screen only. should i try the GPP partitions?
If you have a sys backup of the same firmware, you can try restoring that.

Have you checked your fuse count in Hekate just to make sure?

Freckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Peeps need to stop downgrading their system firmware or else you're going to have a bad time... (usually)
Then why is downgrading and creating a nandump back encouraged?
If you have a sys backup of the same firmware, you can try restoring that.

Have you checked your fuse count in Hekate just to make sure?
Burnt Fuses 8/64

Edit:
I see from https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses it appears that even though i used choidujourNX i still blew my fuses?

Last edited by Freckles,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Then why is downgrading and creating a nandump back encouraged?

Burnt Fuses 8/64

Edit:
I see from https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses it appears that even though i used choidujourNX i still blew my fuses?
Sounds like you've booted OFW without AutoRCM.
Not much you can do now besides go back to 6.2.0.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Freckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your fuses blow if you start Horizon OS (vanilla OS). It blows them on boot.

Sounds like you've booted OFW without AutoRCM.
Not much you can do now besides go back to 6.2.0.

ahh dammit, such a simple mistake do to! well thanks for your help all, just recovered to 6.2 looks like im stuck on it then :/

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh dammit, such a simple mistake do to! well thanks for your help all, just recovered to 6.2 looks like im stuck on it then :/

Make your life easier, just get a modchip fitted and autoboot and autorcm, would save you a lot of headaches, and just charge it when it needs to be charged.

Freckles

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hope is not lost though. Use an emuNAND for your CFW stuff and keep your sysNAND on 6.2 until the (confirmed possible) 7.1 exploit is released.
Hmm wasn't aware another possible exploit was around. I'd only just learned about Caffine which is why i started the downgrade.

1)I would like to ChoidujourNX upgrade my switch, only i'm not sure which is the highest FW version i can go to safely. is 8.1 safe to use?
2) i never know if i'll do irrecoverable damage by updating to such a high new FW, i know they were recommending people not to upgrade for whatever reason, is there a list i can check?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm wasn't aware another possible exploit was around. I'd only just learned about Caffine which is why i started the downgrade.

1)I would like to ChoidujourNX upgrade my switch, only i'm not sure which is the highest FW version i can go to safely. is 8.1 safe to use?
2) i never know if i'll do irrecoverable damage by updating to such a high new FW, i know they were recommending people not to upgrade for whatever reason, is there a list i can check?
8.1 works just fine, but you should only update your emuNAND and leave your sysNAND at 6.2 if you care about warmboot exploits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended