Hacking Downgrading IOS 15 on 4.3 Virgin wii

Worked for you?

• Yes (with no freezes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes (once freezed in IOS 15 reloading)

• Yes (twice freezed in IOS 15 reloading)

• Yes (more than twice freezed in IOS reloading)

• No

• Total voters

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Well, if you have a "new" Wii, it might be really IOS related, as we know that the "LU64+" Wiis can't load IOS36v1042 due to some timings. Maybe it's the same with IOS15v257, just that this works 1 out of 10 times. But my main suspect is still libogc. The IOS Reload code was changed when the timing stuff on the "LU64+" Wiis was discovered, and maybe its intention was to load IOS36v1042 on these Wiis. Anyways, at this time the IOS Reload code was broken, and it seemed fixed to me in 1.8.x. But i always load module based IOS and cIOS, so ... i'm repeating myself, i think you get it and i can stop

Nopez I have a quite an old wii.. Indeed adding some sleep after reloading IOS 15 helps it... just test it with yours compiled with 1.8... add sleep(1) after reloading code.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
petspeed said:
petspeed said:
tueidj said:
Where do people get this idea that the sysmenu's IOS needs to be patched to play warezed wiiware/VC from the SD card? It's wrong - unless whoever made the .wad did a shitty job and fakesigned the TMD for no good reason. Only the ticket needs fakesigning and it's not checked when loading a title from SD.

That was the information on all Wii forums when SM 4.0 came out and introduced the Move to SD feature and the SD menu.

I will try to install a standard no-patched IOS 60 on my Wii tonight and check if it is needed or not.

I installed a standard no-patched IOS60 and you are right, I can launch Wiiware/VC from the SD card even though it was installed with WAD Manager. However homebrew channels (like forwarders) moved to the SD card didn't launch. They worked again as soon as I trucha patched IOS60 again.
Right, homebrew channels will have a fakesigned TMD but wiiware/VC doesn't unless a bad wadpacker was used. So there are lots of people pointlessly modifying their system menu's IOS, better hope nintendo never implements runtime sig checking.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Btw, I've put some videos to demonstrate the hack.

ps: meh, 4 Indiana Pwns boot... this could have been 1 or 2 if loadmii behaved... still it's straight forward and not so messy... no gc controller tinkering / no config tweaking...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tueidj said:
Right, homebrew channels will have a fakesigned TMD but wiiware/VC doesn't unless a bad wadpacker was used. So there are lots of people pointlessly modifying their system menu's IOS, better hope nintendo never implements runtime sig checking.

anything like wiiware/vc that is signed with your console key has to be fakesigned or it won't run from the system menu.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wiicrazy
im useing your TBR 1.8.3 on a us wii , other than the codedumps at the end after the installs (with out using loadmii) both installs went well

ill post back after i install 249r14 and 222/223

after i installed 202 it started giving me the -1035

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
@Wiicrazy: In the last video you write that it is possible to downgrade by installing IOS70 first and then SM 4.1 but SM 4.1 uses IOS60. Just mentioning it so that people don't brick their Wii's.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
petspeed said:
@Wiicrazy: In the last video you write that it is possible to downgrade by installing IOS70 first and then SM 4.1 but SM 4.1 uses IOS60. Just mentioning it so that people don't brick their Wii's.

Oops yes nice catch
smile.gif

Ninty changes it every now and then and even I fail at remembering the correct one
tongue.gif

I'm changing the annotation there..

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wiicrazy any anyone else,

i was having trouble with geting every thing to work(im speaking of the ios15 downgrade) the issue was i hd to use nus to get the ios i needed here they are
41v2835 for the downgrade to start
15v257 for step 1
15v1031 for step 2
36v3607 for the bug
after i did this it (not shure how safe this part was lol) i was able to downgrade to 4.2u

update after a 4.2 downgrade i used banner bomb and was able to get every thing back for my friend ty

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
goku1980 said:
@wiicrazy any anyone else,

i was having trouble with geting every thing to work(im speaking of the ios15 downgrade) the issue was i hd to use nus to get the ios i needed here they are
41v2835 for the downgrade to start
15v257 for step 1
15v1031 for step 2
36v3607 for the bug
after i did this it (not shure how safe this part was lol) i was able to downgrade to 4.2u

update after a 4.2 downgrade i used banner bomb and was able to get every thing back for my friend ty

Actually I packed the minimum required files and they are available... hints are in the first post.

hdhacker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In step 4, before you install those wads, wouldn't it be easier to install priiloader, install the hacks for 4.3, then reinstall HBC? Does restoring and older IOS 34 prevent HBC from being deleted?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
hdhacker said:
In step 4, before you install those wads, wouldn't it be easier to install priiloader, install the hacks for 4.3, then reinstall HBC? Does restoring and older IOS 34 prevent HBC from being deleted?

A new HBC will be released and you'll be installing the new version anyway. If you want homebrew channel and so on it's better to go back to 4.2 in step 4... I've literally put described 4.1 downgrade in the video.. I should change it to 4.2 since update from a game disc in that state will brick the wii (4.3 stubs IOS 70 which is used by 4.2)

ps: To downgrade to 4.1, install non stub IOS 60 and IOS 70, then install 4.1 menu..
ps: To downgrade to 4.2, install non stub IOS 70, then install 4.2 menu..

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey If we have LoadMii as either a App/Channel then what's the point of the Hombrew Channel then?? lol Since they both pretty much do the samething!! lol

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
dn_angel000 said:
Hey If we have LoadMii as either a App/Channel then what's the point of the Hombrew Channel then?? lol Since they both pretty much do the samething!! lol

Most people should like to use HBC much better than LoadMii ...........
especially it's interface/layout/user-friendly ..........

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
airline38 said:
dn_angel000 said:

Most people should like to use HBC much better than LoadMii ...........
especially it's interface/layout/user-friendly ..........

Also, since it uses the loader area like System Menu it has the best compatibility... But the point is, a new version of HBC will be released with a new title id... A new priiloader to support that hardcoded title id... all usb loaders will change the hardcoded id they use and so on... There's not much reason to do installation of priiloader / homebrew channel / bootmii and so on twice...

That's my thinking though, it's not that hard to install HBC and so on after you've hacked your wii with this method anyway...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5