Hacking Downgrading help please

Noobcore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have spent hours trying to downgrade to no avail. some details on my n3ds:
11.1 firmware
-used steelhax and cubicninja as entrypoints
-used fieldrunners
-downgraded to 10.4
-receive this whenever i use plaisysupdater or sysdowngrader

http://imgur.com/wOjXYcp

*3dsident says i have kernal version 2.51 instead of 2.50 like the guide says. I dont know the relevance of this but I have followed everything exact up to this point.

Any help is appreciated. thank you in advance

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Steelhax and CubicNinja does not serve as an Arm9 spoof thing, so don't ever think to downgrade with those Homebrew Launcher's entrypoints.

And also, you're saying that your 3DS is on 10.6 or is still on 11.1? Put a procedural explanation with more details.

Noobcore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What entrypoints should I use then? Why does it matter? I really want to understand this process but its far more complicated than i thought.
My 3ds still says 11.1 in settings but I read that a partial downgrade will not show the changes.

I followed the guide from Plailect to the teeth starting with this: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade.

I've followed everything here and chose steelhax as an entrypoint to access Homebrew.

At the end of the page, it says to verify my kernal and firm version to be 2.50 but mine shows as 2.51

from there I went to the next step in this page: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Downgrade

I keep getting the same thing over and over and over on the part listed as
  1. If you are stuck being unable to acquire the am:u service, power off your 3DS by holding the power button and try again (this can take many tries)

Im sorry if I havent provided everything needed to give a proper explanation

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I followed the guide from Plailect to the teeth starting with this: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade.

I've followed everything here and chose steelhax as an entrypoint to access Homebrew.

At the end of the page, it says to verify my kernal and firm version to be 2.50 but mine shows as 2.51
... Then, why do you continue...? XD
"
Verify that the following:
  • Kernel version: 2.50-11
  • FIRM version: 2.50-11
  • If either of these do not display the versions above, something has gone wrong and you should try again from the beginning"

Last edited by RealityNinja,

Noobcore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... Then, why do you continue...? XD
"
Verify that the following:
  • Kernel version: 2.50-11
  • FIRM version: 2.50-11
  • If either of these do not display the versions above, something has gone wrong and you should try again from the beginning"

youre right. I assumed it made little to no difference but this is my 2nd time and I still do not get the same version displayed on my screen. thats 10 dollars down the drain and another 5 to try again. I dont know what I did wrong here

Reactions: RealityNinja

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
youre right. I assumed it made little to no difference but this is my 2nd time and I still do not get the same version displayed on my screen. thats 10 dollars down the drain and another 5 to try again. I dont know what I did wrong here
Are you sure you're using the correct 10.4 firm file for your system? That's most likely the culprit, as this same thing happened to someone else and they used the wrong 10.4 firm file.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't need to start from the very beginning. If you have Fieldrunners with the hacked save, just start from the part where you back up your nand.

Noobcore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using the correct 10.4 firm file. Is it wrong for me to try the 11.0 - 10.4 firm file? Perhaps I should get the 10.4 file from another source just in case. I will come back and update my progress

im getting to the point of just paying someone since this is causing more time spent than i should give

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using the correct 10.4 firm file. Is it wrong for me to try the 11.0 - 10.4 firm file? Perhaps I should get the 10.4 file from another source just in case. I will come back and update my progress

im getting to the point of just paying someone since this is causing more time spent than i should give
Do not get the files from any other source and do not use the 11.0 - 10.4 firm unless you started on 11.0. That's for 11.0 systems only. Plailect's guide is the only reliable source for these files.

Noobcore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not get the files from any other source and do not use the 11.0 - 10.4 firm unless you started on 11.0. That's for 11.0 systems only. Plailect's guide is the only reliable source for these files.

still doesnt work. my hacked o3ds AND my unhacked n3ds was originally 11.0 before I updated to 11.1 (on o3ds) to purchase fieldrunners and then make the transfer. I dont know if that is relevant or not. [my current firm on n3ds is 11.1 so i guess it doesnt matter]

I used safesysupdater to check all the files and everything is good to go except for that am:u handle problem. fml

thank you for responding as well as all the others

Last edited by Noobcore,

Noobcore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone reads this in the future, Update here: I decided to say hell with it and try the 11.0 downgrade files instead of the 11.1 files. It worked. I have everything up and running on my n3DS now. make sure you download and add in both files(the 11.0 3ds boot and then the downgrade itself) to your sd card before trying. Thank you to Autz, Omegadrien, KunoiichiZ, and ADS3500 for all the help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over