Homebrew Downgrading from 9.9.0-16U

tphannypack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help downgrading an O3ds with the said fw. I already installed menuhax but I am having problems with PlaiSysUpdater. I keep getting the yellow screen. I've read other forums that you would need to update to 10.7 then downgrade to 9.2. How would I be able to do that?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Do not do that. I've downgraded quite a few systems, most of which under 10.3. I don't think you should update to 10.7, as 10.7 has no browserhax/menuhax. I think, if you really want to, you should:
1) Backup your data with SVDT
2) Format your system (helps preventing softbricks)
3) Install Menuhax
4) Retry.

If it still doesn't work:
1) Use sysUpdater (the memchunkhax2 build ofc) and update to 10.3 or 10.4 using the 10.3/10.4 update packs, which can be found on that iso site.
3) Use browserhax, install Menuhax, attempt to downgrade.

tphannypack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not do that. I've downgraded quite a few systems, most of which under 10.3. I don't think you should update to 10.7, as 10.7 has no browserhax/menuhax. I think, if you really want to, you should:
3) Install Menuhax
4) Retry.

1) Use sysUpdater (the memchunkhax2 build ofc) and update to 10.3 or 10.4 using the 10.3/10.4 update packs, which can be found on that iso site.

Okay I'll try that! I appreciate your help!

tphannypack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3) Install Menuhax
4) Retry.

Okay i tried the first option and it didd't work. Trying the second option but sysUpdater keeps saying error can't find cia files.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay i tried the first option and it didd't work. Trying the second option but sysUpdater keeps saying error can't find cia files.
hum, I think you got it wrong. You want to UPDATE to 10.3/10.4 before downgrading. You need a 10.3 or 10.4 update pack to update, and sysUpdater (not sure if PlaiSysUpdater or SafeSysUpdater allow for updating in addition to downgrading).

SysUpdater (for updating), from there install Menuhax and follow the Plailect guide to downgrade.

http://larbob.com/build/sysupdater/

This one seems good.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

tphannypack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hum, I think you got it wrong. You want to UPDATE to 10.3/10.4 before downgrading. You need a 10.3 or 10.4 update pack to update, and sysUpdater (not sure if PlaiSysUpdater or SafeSysUpdater allow for updating in addition to downgrading).

SysUpdater (for updating), from there install Menuhax and follow the Plailect guide to downgrade.

This one seems good.

I just want to be 100% sure. on the sysupdater, if I'm trying to update to 10.3, do I select update or downgrade? Since I'm connected to wifi, I just want to be sure it doesn't update to 11.0

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This one seems good.
You dont need to update the formatting is enough
I just want to be 100% sure. on the sysupdater, if I'm trying to update to 10.3, do I select update or downgrade? Since I'm connected to wifi, I just want to be sure it doesn't update to 11.0
Just follow the guide for FFS are you even able to enter the Homebrew menu?

Reactions: Ryccardo

tphannypack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dont need to update the formatting is enough

Just follow the guide for FFS are you even able to enter the Homebrew menu?

Okay all of you guys are the best! Instead of upgrading is just downgraded with sysupdate. Thank you @gnmmarechal for the sysupdater link, the ones I found were not current. Thank you @Xenon Hacks for letting me know not to update, otherwise it would take me a lot longer to do this.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Why are people always saying you have to be on 10.3/4 to downgrade? The downgraders support all versions from 9.5 to 10.5/6/7. I downgraded from 9.9 with no problems at all.
It usually works, but 10.3/10.4 users seem to have more... stability. Since he had been unable to do it on 9.9, doing it on 10.3 or 10.4 would be something to try.

Okay all of you guys are the best! Instead of upgrading is just downgraded with sysupdate. Thank you @gnmmarechal for the sysupdater link, the ones I found were not current. Thank you @Xenon Hacks for letting me know not to update, otherwise it would take me a lot longer to do this.
No problem. Glad you got it working without the update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker