Triple_Dog_Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions;
1) Is there a dsi emulator that can emulate the homescreen and its options?
2) If so, would it be possible to use this emulated system to transfer dsi-ware after installed?
3) Would this be considered a legitimate copy of the dsi-ware?

This would mostly be used in the titles purpose; to downgrade without a second modded 3ds or a dsi-ware dsi.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be really cool if someone could sniff all the packets needed for dsiware exploits.
Then somebody could create a simple program to output those packets from your computer in a way that could allow dsiware exploits without second systems.

I don't think anybody has done it yet though.

Triple_Dog_Attack

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be really cool if someone could sniff all the packets needed for dsiware exploits.
Then somebody could create a simple program to output those packets from your computer in a way that could allow dsiware exploits without second systems.

I assume it would also make future updates easier to deal with, as you wouldn't have to worry about the dsiware anymore.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume it would also make future updates easier to deal with, as you wouldn't have to worry about the dsiware anymore.
That would be the hope.
Somebody with an eligible origin system could probably use Aircrack/airdump to sniff the packets.
They would want to turn off all other wifi networks they have. Start some airdump logging then start the dsiware exploit process.
I'd imagine that would give what's needed as aircrack sniffs all wifi signals being sent.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aircrack-ng

The person doing this should probably be using a public NNID as it apparently gets transferred to the target system.
https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade-(app-injection-and-second-3ds)
Not that we have any volunteers but towards a future exploit I thought I should provide as much info as I could.

Last edited by AlexanderLS,
Reactions: Triple_Dog_Attack

LongDongSilver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

what you're saying is nigh impossible

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That'd be neat but I assume the process uses SSL, meaning we'd need Nintendo's private key for it, meaning that will never happen.

Even if not we'd need to generate a valid ticket for that system, which would also need a private key, something not likely to happen.

If we had the capability to do any of this, it'd be game over for the 3DS quite frankly.

Last edited by Cuphat,

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what you're saying is nigh impossible
The dsiware process is through wifi right? Wifi can all be sniffed.
That'd be neat but I assume the process uses SSL, meaning we'd need Nintendo's private key for it, meaning that will never happen.

Even if not we'd need to generate a valid ticket for that system, which would also need a private key, something not likely to happen.

If we had the capability to do any of this, it'd be game over for the 3DS quite frankly.
Decryption would be unnecessary. We would need the packets that the origin system sends then an app to hook to windows wifi driver and emulate a 3ds wifi card and send those packets.

I've never done dsiware method so I may have no idea what I'm talking about.
EDIT: In fairness though I did read through most the method instructions and my idea still seemed quite feasible.
It seems though if the main parts happen through wifi it would be very possible.

Last edited by AlexanderLS,

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a few questions;
1) Is there a dsi emulator that can emulate the homescreen and its options?
2) If so, would it be possible to use this emulated system to transfer dsi-ware after installed?
3) Would this be considered a legitimate copy of the dsi-ware?

This would mostly be used in the titles purpose; to downgrade without a second modded 3ds or a dsi-ware dsi.
The clear flaw in this is that DSiWare save data is not transferred when doing a DSi -> 3DS system transfer (only with 3DS -> 3DS transfers), so even if what you're suggesting is possible (it's certainly not at the moment), it will not be possible to perform a dsiwarehax downgrade in this way.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox