Hacking Downgrading from 11.0 No Hardmod help!

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You also could've just did a system format on the o3ds to remove the NNID, and then afterwards placing your payloads for A9LH but it's too late for that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Ayukito,

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the issue was the fact you spoofed N3DSXL actually. iirc, you don't need homebrew access on the targeted 3ds to do dsiware downgrade. I know I didn't when I used my 9.2 2ds to downgrade my 11.0 o3ds earlier in the month. You should've just updated the N3DSXL to 11.1 to be safe. Again, too late for that. Can you post a picture of the errors? (I could probably look them up but safari = trash)

Last edited by Ayukito,

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am off my wifi now (i'm at work) so it gave me the option for internet settings. I set the DNS to the one in philats guide to block the browsers update message. I now set it to Auto DNS, hopefully this will let the installation continue. Could also be why I couldn't update from recovery mode

D

Deleted-19228

You guys are all ignoring the fact he said O3DS. You can't transfer back to o3ds from N3ds.

Ayukito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are all ignoring the fact he said O3DS. You can't transfer back to o3ds from N3ds.
Well I was trying to help him fix his end result issues [emoji14]
But it is true,

o3ds -> o3ds
o3ds -> n3ds
n3ds -> n3ds

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like getting to the internet settings and changing the dns back to auto worked! Ill continue the downgrade and hopefully the hack later this evening when i get back from the gym!

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO my last question otherwise I think I might try to downgrade my o3ds 11.0 using fieldrunners. So after the system transfer my hacked ds will still be hacked correct? and could I just setup a new NNID on my old hacked one and use the transferred one on my unhacked one that I am downgrading?
But in the end both will be 9.2 AL9H hacked no matter what correct?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
SO my last question otherwise I think I might try to downgrade my o3ds 11.0 using fieldrunners. So after the system transfer my hacked ds will still be hacked correct? and could I just setup a new NNID on my old hacked one and use the transferred one on my unhacked one that I am downgrading?
But in the end both will be 9.2 AL9H hacked no matter what correct?
Yep if you don't mind your original NNID staying on the target you're free to do that.

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep if you don't mind your original NNID staying on the target you're free to do that.
That would be fine by me, so if I were to do that after I do the transfer to the new one. What would I do with the original 3ds to make it so that it is still 9.2 AL9H hacked and on a new NNID? Like do I still restore it from before the transfer or after the transfer will it just be fine??
Also do you recommend that the one I am going to hack that I should update it to 11.1 or leave it on 11.0?

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For example after the system transfer from the first 3ds to the second one, on the first one do I still restore the sysnand?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
That would be fine by me, so if I were to do that after I do the transfer to the new one. What would I do with the original 3ds to make it so that it is still 9.2 AL9H hacked and on a new NNID? Like do I still restore it from before the transfer or after the transfer will it just be fine??
Also do you recommend that the one I am going to hack that I should update it to 11.1 or leave it on 11.0?
Probably don't restore the NAND backup of the source console, just set it up as a new console and make a new NNID. It will still be hacked. Make sure it has arm9loaderhax.bin on its SD card root so it will start up (after the transfer you'll move the SD card over to the target, so get a new SD for the source and put arm9loaderhax.bin on it). As for whether to update, once hacked there isn't any benefit to staying on 11.0 I don't think. But you can if you want, and use CTR httpwn to access eShop and stuff.

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably don't restore the NAND backup of the source console, just set it up as a new console and make a new NNID. It will still be hacked. Make sure it has arm9loaderhax.bin on its SD card root so it will start up (after the transfer you'll move the SD card over to the target, so get a new SD for the source and put arm9loaderhax.bin on it). As for whether to update, once hacked there isn't any benefit to staying on 11.0 I don't think. But you can if you want, and use CTR httpwn to access eShop and stuff.
Would I be able to use the target's original SD card and use that for my originally hacked one that will have a new NNID? When do you put the SD card into the target one? I didnt see that in the guide

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Would I be able to use the target's original SD card and use that for my originally hacked one that will have a new NNID? When do you put the SD card into the target one? I didnt see that in the guide
Yep you can do that. Probably delete the Nintendo 3DS folder, as the source wouldn't be able to use it anyway and it would just take up space. And definitely get rid of any a9lh folder (from both) since you don't want any bricky accidents if you ever update a9lh and have a different console's otp.bin on the SD card.

In regards to moving the SD card. At least for O3DS -> O3DS and N3DS -> N3DS transfers, you get instructed to move the old SD to the target console during the transfer (after the data had been re-encrypted for the target). It's a little different if O3DS -> N3DS since they have to account for big SD -> microSD (in which case a wireless transfer is given as an option).

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep you can do that. Probably delete the Nintendo 3DS folder, as the source wouldn't be able to use it anyway and it would just take up space. And definitely get rid of any a9lh folder (from both) since you don't want any bricky accidents if you ever update a9lh and have a different console's otp.bin on the SD card.

In regards to moving the SD card. At least for O3DS -> O3DS and N3DS -> N3DS transfers, you get instructed to move the old SD to the target console during the transfer (after the data had been re-encrypted for the target). It's a little different if O3DS -> N3DS since they have to account for big SD -> microSD (in which case a wireless transfer is given as an option).

Okay I am going to give this a shot now, and once this is all done I can just make a new NNID on my old 3ds and it will still be hacked? and then on the one I transfer to the target one, I can leave my NNID on there and then I just need to do like the 10.7 to 9.2 downgrade on it and it will be hacked?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay I am going to give this a shot now, and once this is all done I can just make a new NNID on my old 3ds and it will still be hacked? and then on the one I transfer to the target one, I can leave my NNID on there and then I just need to do like the 10.7 to 9.2 downgrade on it and it will be hacked?
Yep, everything you said is right.
However do still take a backup of the source before the transfer, that way if something goes wrong with transferring the DSiWare game, you will be able to fix it.

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However do still take a backup of the source before the transfer, that way if something goes wrong with transferring the DSiWare game, you will be able to fix it.
Awesome thank you for the help! I am finishing the transfer today and will be back if something goes wrong :D thanks!

coolcatg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have done the transfer, downgrading the target 3ds now. But on my source 3ds I setup a new NNID on it and everything but now do I have to reinject the FBI file in the H and S app to install fbi to my homescreen and the luma updater and everything?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update: So during the downgrade when I checked at the end the kernal version and firm version still say 2.51-2, what did I do wrong? It says that it should be 2.50?
Update again: So in my stupidity I downloaded the o3ds 11.0-10.4 and used that to downgrade instead of the 11.1-10.4 to downgrade. I tried restoring the backup from right before and now when I try to downgrade it says error reading SD card files, how can I fix it?

Last edited by coolcatg,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr