Hacking Downgrading fresh 3.4 Europe wii

crundy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I need to help someone out who bought a new Wii, and despite me saying "don't update it", updated it. They would like the HBC and cIOS installed, and so I presume I'll need to downgrade it first like on the sticky here. However, does the guide assume a fresh system, or one which already has cIOS installed and has been accidentally updated? Anything I need to do differently?

duveldg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can even use 3.4 to install the homebrew channel, Cios and the backup launcher. I did that and it works great until now.

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
crundy, I was in the same boat as you were. I had to downgrade to be able to do anything significant. When following the sticked downgrade guide, keep in mind that the file names aren't exactly the same as the original post suggest (but still similar enough to easily figure that out).

I currently have some trouble with DRE's. It's probably the discs I'm using (Tayou Yuden), but it could also be the fact that it's a newly bought European Wii.

Anyway, whether you have a cIOS installed or not shouldn't matter for the guide. I didn't start downgrading till I found out a crapload of programs didn't work with 3.4. You do need an SDcard, a copy of Twilight Princess, and use the Twilight Hack (latest version) to install the homebrew channel though (I think it's also in the guide). From there on, you can just downgrade by following the instructions in the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...