Downgrading for otp with downgraded MSET?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by TriigerHappy, Jun 19, 2016.

1. TriigerHappy
    OP

TriigerHappy Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2015
    United States
    I'm preparing to follow Plailect's guide and currently have a 9.2 N3DS XL with a downgraded mset on sysnand (from when it was the easiest entrypoint). Will this cause any issues with the downgrade/ flashing to sysnand?

2. Dorimori

Dorimori professional lurker

Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    the closet
    You should be fine, but if you're worried, you should do a full upgrade to 9.2.

TriigerHappy likes this.
  3. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    you should first do full downgrade of 9.2, or just install 9.2 fully again and proceed with a system format

TriigerHappy likes this.
  4. RandomUser

RandomUser What has gotten into you Rosie?

May 9, 2010
    United States
    You would have to update emunand to latest version, then downgrade it to v2.1 firm, then flash that emundand to your sysnand with N3DS fix, so you are overwriting your MSET hack in this process, so you should be okay like @Snowdori stated. There is steps in the guide in between from what I have mentioned here, like backing both emunand and sysnand to pc etc. I really do not know what will actually happen, if you do follow this path. It could either work or cause a brick, so you choose on how to proceed.

TriigerHappy and Dorimori like this.
  5. the MCDO

the MCDO Member

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    couldn't he just restore a base SYSTEM nand (if he had a backup) with gateway or Decrypt9 or emunand9

TriigerHappy likes this.
  6. TriigerHappy
    OP

TriigerHappy Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2015
    United States
    I suppose my plan is to downgrade my emunand to 9.2, check it with downgrade_check, and update to latest firmware before downgrading. I do have sysnand backups, but I made them months ago and can't remember what state they were made in, so I'll play it safe.

7. Dorimori

Dorimori professional lurker

Mar 17, 2016
    United States
    the closet
    If you can't remember what state they were made in, make a new backup and check the file size.

TriigerHappy likes this.