Hacking downgraded wii and installed gamma but need help

redmoorphil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys - I have searched extensively for a solution as I like to try myself if I can but I now need help.
I followed EmperorOfCanadas excellent tutorial and successfully managed to complete it by downgrading my wii from 3.4e to 3.2e and installing the gamma backup launcher channel with the djtaz loader.
I have burnt an iso of Shaun White road trip to test it but now have hit a problem.
When I run the gamma channel it shows an exception error (DSI) and then dumps some code on screen and freezes. The only way out is to power off the wii and restart it.
I have tried running a couple of official games throught the gamma channel and they work fine so could this just be a burning issue?
Any help or pointers that you could give me would be very much appreciated!
Many thanks.

redmoorphil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks,
DLing Wii Music now to try again.
I have also reburned Shaun White and tried that again - although the exception error no longer appears the screen just goes black and freezes.
Will report back when I try Music.

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
have you tried to use a different loader? the one you might have got is the one before he did the fix, i had a similar problem, tried a different loader then.. NeoRames loader, autoboot no force.... just try it for curiousity. although could be something else here is the link for neorames thread.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125940

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
None of the launcher have ever code dumped me.......maybe you have a bad launcher like screamq3 said...!!
smile.gif

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
yeh just give it a go might work lol, happened to me when i tried nfsu all ok now though. you do have cios rev 7 installed also yeh?

redmoorphil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your help and suggestions guys - I will investigate further tomorrow.
Pleased to report that wii music has downloaded and booted/played successfully so it looks
like it was an issue with the .iso or the burning.
The info is much appreciated.

redmoorphil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a quickie guys - I have downloaded neorames loader - do I need to uninstall the gamma backup channel first or will they happily coexist?
Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @realtimesave, i think she said she isnt into gaming