Downgraded to 1.0, now can't boot

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by w00dey, Oct 13, 2018.

1. w00dey
    OP

w00dey Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    Hungary
    Hi guys!

I saw that in theory if you use a CFW which disables fuses, you can use any firmware you want. To test it out I installed 1.0 via ChoiDujourNX, and since that I can't boot my switch. RCM works, but I tried to boot from SX OS and ReiNX, both of them didn't work. I tried booting from OW, but it gives me an error message 2002-4315 error message probably because of the fuses. I installed the non-exfat version of the FW previously I used the exfat versions and I have my SD card formatted to exfat if that matters.
    Is there any way to get the 1.0 to boot or to roll back to 6.0.1 or 5.1.0? I also don't have any backups unfortunately.
    Thanks for your help in advance!

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Always, ALWAYS make a NAND backup when messing with NAND. That shouldn't even need to be said.
    But I think you can use ChoiDujourNX to update it.

NoNAND likes this.
  3. w00dey
    OP

w00dey Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    Hungary
    How? To use ChoiDujourNX, I have to boot the homebrew menu. Now I can only go into RCM

4. a9lh-1user

a9lh-1user Newbie

AFAIK the 1.0.0 files are not working. So you can't get back to that version.

Original from rajkosto:
    • Extract the UPDATE partition from an XCI image of the cartridge that contains the update you want into a folder
    These are common cartridges and firmware versions they contain:
    Puyo Puyo Tetris/ 1-2 Switch (1.0.0) - would never recommend installing this one as no Switch made with 1.0.0 actually runs it (its a slightly different 1.0.0 with exFAT that bricks you)

Anyway you can ask him to try to put you into the right direction. (He is very helpfull!)

NoNAND likes this.
  5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Oct 13, 2018
    NoNAND, Quantumcat and Skonikol like this.
  6. w00dey
    OP

w00dey Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    Hungary
    Thanks for your help guys, so far I managed to dump my SBK and TSEC keys and I dumped the BOOT0 and BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main files from my switch in order to dump the keys. However when I launch the python script it fails with an error message: Could not find sd_card_kek_source! Please check the integrity of the data used in the current stage!
    What should I do now?

7. a9lh-1user

a9lh-1user Newbie

I'am sure you do your best.....but i think you should contact @rajkosto because he is the writer of the tools. And he can tell you what to do before you got into worst trouble!

NoNAND likes this.
  8. w00dey
    OP

w00dey Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2018
    Hungary
    Okay, I tried to post in that tutorial thread, I hope he'll answer me, thanks!