Hacking downgraded from 10.1 to 6.1 and now sx os black screen :(

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found my 1.0 nand backup from 2018 and fuses.bin and keys.txt, does that help me here

You can try to restore the NAND backup assuming you have the boot0/boot1 and the rawnand, if your fuse count is still at 1, that is better than going through the nand rebuild. If the 1.0.0 NAND doesn't boot then you would have to rebuild the NAND then.

Last edited by Hayato213,

jonnyh585

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try to restore the NAND backup assuming you have the boot0/boot1 and the rawnand, if your fuse count is still at 1, that is better than going through the nand rebuild. If the 1.0.0 NAND doesn't boot then you would have to rebuild the NAND then.
phew

yes i have boot0, boot1, rawnand, biskey, etc

would i do that just in heklate 5.3?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From your nand backup files, you should have a folder with # and alphabet that make up 8 value, inside you have partitions, restore and your nand file, put your boot 0/1 and rawnand stuffs inside the restore folder and copy on to a backup folder on your sd card if you don't have one.

jonnyh585

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From your nand backup files, you should have a folder with # and alphabet that make up 8 value, inside you have partitions, restore and your nand file, put your boot 0/1 and rawnand stuffs inside the restore folder and copy on to a backup folder on your sd card if you don't have one.
got it, then restore emmc?

im still a little confused as my emmc and gpp under "internal emmc info" on heklate are all green but maybe that doesnt mean theyre fine?

tedebear

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Did you use autoloader if so remove, also will a basic sd card work that is only the basic things to get booting on the card as there maybe something corrupt on the card, reformat card

jonnyh585

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes restore under gpp emmc, that is for the rawnand after you restore the boot0 and boot1 first.
ok so just because that text is green doesnt mean my nand is still fine?

i swear i have done this before i am bummed it didnt work out

is there a way to backup my saves or nah?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you use autoloader if so remove, also will a basic sd card work that is only the basic things to get booting on the card as there maybe something corrupt on the card, reformat card
no autoloader, i do have autorcm etc

i will try a reformatted sd card before nand restore

tedebear

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
also always do a nand backup before downgrading, this would save you the time and the mental anguish you are currently having, good luck with the rebuild

jonnyh585

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try to salvage your NAND

https://gbatemp.net/threads/extract-save-from-nand-backup.514261/

You need a backup of the current broken NAND.
just to confirm, the green values displayed in hekate when i select emmc info do not mean that my nand is in fact ok?

i am backing up my current nand now, will restore original nand and proceed to reinstall homebrew/nsp and upgrade back to 10.2

thank you for holding my hand a bit its annoying that i broke this ugh, i promise i am homebrew literate lol

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just to confirm, the green values displayed in hekate when i select emmc info do not mean that my nand is in fact ok?

i am backing up my current nand now, will restore original nand and proceed to reinstall homebrew/nsp and upgrade back to 10.2

thank you for holding my hand a bit its annoying that i broke this ugh, i promise i am homebrew literate lol

Doesn't mean the old NANd is okay, since you can't boot it.

jonnyh585

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend using FAT32 though, exFAT has it problem with file corruption, if you do usb install method you don't need exFAT.
trying to launch choi

my card is fat32, only folders are switch nintendo and the sx os files, i tap album, go to homebrew, launch choi, and it gives me 2162-0002

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU