Homebrew Downgrade without formatting

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I downgraded 4 consoles as of right now, and i never formatted them. It always worked on the first try and i didnt have any issues :D

D.Loro5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
to avoid formatting and keeping your stuff

hardmod, nand backup

format, dg to 9.2,
use your nandbackup as emunand
= like nothing happened + hax

Grace is also avoided, given that for me would be the last option would try (that is, no data rather stay console directly to run out xD).

I downgraded 4 consoles as of right now, and i never formatted them. It always worked on the first try and i didnt have any issues :D

As most do, but some (including myself included) that format or no downgrade worth. xD

Reactions: leerz

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country
Try downgrading with a new SD card. That way the 3DS creates a new Nintendo 3DS folder without installed apps. I have a SD just for downgrades.

D.Loro5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try downgrading with a new SD card. That way the 3DS creates a new Nintendo 3DS folder without installed apps. I have a SD just for downgrades.

Do you think it works? I was thinking of trying to SD 2 GBs bringing the console and put it solely files Homebrew Launcher and CIAs update, but of course, I want to be very sure because I have only one chance to do xD.

And I guess this will not cause any "interference" with games and such that I have in the SD would normally use, right?

axemurderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think it works? I was thinking of trying to SD 2 GBs bringing the console and put it solely files Homebrew Launcher and CIAs update, but of course, I want to be very sure because I have only one chance to do xD.

And I guess this will not cause any "interference" with games and such that I have in the SD would normally use, right?

If you've already softbricked a few times, this will not work. A new micro sd did not help me - I still softbricked.

EmuAGR

Trophies
XP
Country

I just said what worked for me. I downgraded 4-5 times three consoles without problems, as I didn't want to format them. Also, 2GB SD cards aren't enough size, as you need emuNAND (1-2GB) and backups (1-2GB) to fit at the same time. Any bad sector in the card may corrupt backups or downgrading process.

D.Loro5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just said what worked for me. I downgraded 4-5 times three consoles without problems, as I didn't want to format them. Also, 2GB SD cards aren't enough size, as you need emuNAND (1-2GB) and backups (1-2GB) to fit at the same time. Any bad sector in the card may corrupt backups or downgrading process.

I know, I know. The card only use it to make the downgrade, not to install the EmuNAND and backups and such, but apparently seen, I'm better still for the moment.

axemurderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're misunderstanding the problem. This thread is about people who continually softbrick no matter what. You don't seem to have any softbricks. The recommendations you've been posting don't work for people experiencing continuous softbricks.

D.Loro5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally I formatted (making backups of the games that I could) and now I am installing the RxTools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Which quote? "Twas I naked in the woods, and along came a wizard."? +1