Homebrew Downgrade with 2 3ds

NeTyd0_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I've well understood, I must to have 2 3ds for do the downgrade in 11.0.

One have a hardmod and another have nothing ?

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yup. I just did it for a friend with a spare 2DS. If you are going from an old 3DS/2DS to a new 3DS (the new model), I suggest you use a micro SD and an adapter in the 2DS - it makes transferring Fieldrunners much easier.

Reactions: NeTyd0_

zainbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this isn't uncalled for but I am new and still getting the hang of this.

This process seems very complicated. I have experience soldering and the like but I would like to get this done by someone more experienced. Is there anyone in the Georgia US area that would be able to do this for me. I had a 10.4 3DS which I was going to homebrew later but i gave it to my cousin while I was out of country and he upgraded it to 11.03, is there anyway to reverse that?

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North

This process seems very complicated. I have experience soldering and the like but I would like to get this done by someone more experienced. Is there anyone in the Georgia US area that would be able to do this for me. I had a 10.4 3DS which I was going to homebrew later but i gave it to my cousin while I was out of country and he upgraded it to 11.03, is there anyway to reverse that?
There is vb_encryption_vb but Idk if he is in Georgia

Reactions: zainbrown

zainbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is vb_encryption_vb but Idk if he is in Georgia

Thanks for the response. Like I said I am new at this and not fully understanding what I want to do. The main reason I would like to get a hardware mod is because I want NTR to help me with my pokemon breeding and just to mess around with other games do I need to do that or can I just do browserhax. I have no intention of playing ROMS or anything of that matter. I see this stuff saying "with browser/ without browser" when talking about hacks how do I know if I have browser or not?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Thanks for the response. Like I said I am new at this and not fully understanding what I want to do. The main reason I would like to get a hardware mod is because I want NTR to help me with my pokemon breeding and just to mess around with other games do I need to do that or can I just do browserhax. I have no intention of playing ROMS or anything of that matter. I see this stuff saying "with browser/ without browser" when talking about hacks how do I know if I have browser or not?
What is your full FW version?

zainbrown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ok so here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started it is talking about With/without do I have to worry about after I downgrade since currently I am on 11.0.0-33U but after I downgrade I should be on 9.2? Like I am assuming I am "With" browser currently but if I downgrade will I lose browser?
You won't lose the browser. Will you do the hardmod or DSiWare method?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

@vb_encryption_vb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember when the Atari 2600 was new and exciting lol
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker