Gaming Downgrade of Bravely Default 2

1stmoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because i'm a fan of bravelt default than i say that, i think that YOU're not the big fan to say something like that
But you can go on to pretend to be one and be happy to have such a ridiculous sequel
The switch sell like a ps4 but that's only what square enix allow to do with bravely default ? wtf
And i'm sure than square will port this game on other plateform, so they have really NO excuse
No fan of the series should be expecting AAA production values out of a Bravely game. The franchise just doesn't have the same clout as Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

FearTheIdol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No fan of the series should be expecting AAA production values out of a Bravely game. The franchise just doesn't have the same clout as Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest.

they just have to do a good gameplay with a good artstyle
see the sales number of hollow knigt, it didn't cost a lot, is beautiful and have a good gameplay
the story is not bad either

Last edited by FearTheIdol,

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
The art style made sense on the 3DS due to the smaller screen but this style looks cheap and ugly on an actual monitor. They're probably working with a tiny budget, there's no good reason to use it otherwise.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's because i'm a fan of bravelt default than i say that, i think that YOU're not the big fan to say something like that
But you can go on to pretend to be one and be happy to have such a ridiculous sequel
The switch sell like a ps4 but that's only what square enix allow to do with bravely default ? wtf
And i'm sure than square will port this game on other plateform, so they have really NO excuse

I agree but the characters models are hideous, the original 2D charach design is not incredible either so nothing went all for this sequel
Dude you're just insulting the art style and acting like someone disagreeing with you isn't a real fan of the series
You're not "a real fan" because you insult both the series and other fans of it. You're a gatekeeping jerk.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But if bravely second already exists, why they made bravely default 2?
Nonlinear sequel. Bravely Second is sort of Bravely Default 1: Part 2, whereas this is a fully new world.
Kinda like how Final Fantasy (which BD is a spiritual successor to) does its sequels.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
As far as I can tell DQ XI did not do that amazingly outside of Asia (and probably Japan). You're never getting Final Fantasy budgets for turn based JRPGs again.
So did Dragon Quest since the first game. Always had way less impact outside Japan, that's why there's Final Fantasy.
But yeah, CRPGs became more popular over time and JRPGs had to appeal more to the western audience who was more interested in ARPGs. That's a lot of acronyms there.

FearTheIdol

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The art style made sense on the 3DS due to the smaller screen but this style looks cheap and ugly on an actual monitor. They're probably working with a tiny budget, there's no good reason to use it otherwise.

i think that's it wheras the director of the first one said they would not make the same error than with bravely second
It was just a marketing move after all...

Last edited by FearTheIdol,

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
they both look like SHIT. and BD1 is one of the worst laziest rpg i have ever played. making you do and fight the same shit over and over and the story is absolute garbage.

javicrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Both Bravelys were awesome, the art style is unique and the fact they keeping it from my point of view is a plus.
Higher graphics, textures etc may make it look better, but we already have other shittons of jrpgs like that.
What makes Bravely shine against those others might be his gameplay, his style, story or a mix of everything and im happy they keeping it.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, the second bravely default's art style is a bit disappointing for me. The first art style is more reminiscent of modern drawn art style but in 3d model. The second has a more doll/figurine look to it. But that's just preference, probably.

Hopefully the gameplay makes up for the more generic looking art style. Loved bravely default, but the second half of the game dragged pretty hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-