Hacking Downgrade for System Menu 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeddoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm stuck with an error. When I try to first run wad manager 1.3 and install IOS35, I get a ret = -1 error. What does this mean, and what am I doing wrong? It happens at the second step of the install, which says something like "receiving file contents, please wait" Thanks!

aamsid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to thank the OP for such wonderful instruction and links.

I am new to this and had updated the wii firmware to 4.0U, through Nintendo, this blocked the wad installation through homebrew.

I followed the instructions to the dot, everything worked, even updated to the custom 4.0 and wiiware working from SD card. USB loader is also functional.

Thanks again and good luck to everyone,.

Kayne the Slayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok..I'm about to sound stupid so bear with me here..

I originally had 3.8U, then downgraded to 3.2U after installing Homebrew and stuff. Since then, I've added a WiiWare game(FFIV After Years), and have been unable to obtain the DLC. Only way I know how to get it, is to upgrade, then downgrade, then use Wad Manager to install the DLC(Or something like that). So...Should I delete the WAD now before I do this, or can I leave it? I'm unsure as to what will happen if I update my Wii with the HBC and WiiWare game, so some advice would be nice.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I never knew a 3.8 firmware even existed...
rolleyes.gif

hackmii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have to format your Wii to use this or does clear anything after i downgrade?

i have this "ret = -1035" error and i hear that this is how you fix it but i was wondering if i need to back up my Wii's data some how before using this...

Kayne the Slayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so...I did exactly what the first post says, and now my Wii doesn't work at all. When I turn it on, all there is is a black screen. My Wii's serial number is LU32, not LU64 or LU65.

FullgoreEXE

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, sorry for the questions, I hope I can get some help here. My wii is LU10, and version 4.0U (I got it on release day), but it came with a broken wireless chip built in.. Meaning, I can't go online, on my wii - and no, it's not a user error. It's just something my wii seems to have problems with as opposed to my 360 and PS3. Anyways, I read that I can do it on the first post, but it's "risky" - and i'm talking about the offline method. Will I never have to go online using it? What's the risk? How is it risky? Thank you for your help.

rustybanana

Trophies
XP
Country
I think the online is safer as it grabs all of the files and only continues with the install if they are all correct and the offline requires you the user to handle the files and install them manually.

Zeldahunter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys. Awesome guide, I need help on one part. On step "6) Launch PatchMii IOS Downgrader.dol, you may need to launch it from LoadMii 1 or 2 times, until it's needed" I run and it gets stuck on
PatchMii IOS Downgrader
PatchMii Core by bushing et. al.
Network Initializing

and then if I leave it for 5-10 minutes the screen just trips out and fuzzy characters fill the screen. What do I need to do?

THanks! : D

joinx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How to uninstall ios 249 on modchip firmware 3.2u..when i tried to install cios 38 rev 13a i get error ret 1017 when it patched the existing cios..

How to get this done?

butleibb88

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
OMFG... i think i just bricked my WII i installed all the ios except the 4.0 ones and the 4.0 firmware... after it all finished i restarted my wii and i got no display on the monitor. Please help omg...

mrtiv

Trophies
XP
Country
I've also managed to brick my wii using this method! I had firwmware 4.0E (an official upgrade from 3.2E but with Homebrew Channel previously installed) and a modchip installed. I followed the instructions to the letter using the online method. All files downloaded and installed correctly and when i got the end with the choice of system menu 3.2 or 4.0, I chose 3.2 and that also installed correctly. It then said 'press any key to exit', so I did and arrived back at the load mii screen. Then when I pressed the home key to get back to the Wii menu, nothing happened and there was no response to any other key or the reset button. After switching the power off and back on again - absolutely nothing. Bricked Wii. Does anybody know what happened, or what I and the others can do now? My serial number begins LEH124....so I should have been ok but I wasn't!

Tiv

Sekna

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Davi! Now I can install the cIOS for the backup loader finally!
grog.gif

I know you posted it ages ago but I have been looking for a way that works on my Wii for ages!
biggrin.gif

ajoesmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ARGH!!!!!

i have just done this to my wii firmware version 4.0E and its now got a black screen when i turn it on!

Is it bricked? what can i do?

Alchemist_Koen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried to use this 4.0 downgrade method, but it resulted in a semi-bricked Wii.

Wii info:
Korean Wii with 4.0u Serialnumber: LKM10572987, Copyright 2008
Bought it in Hong Kong last month
HBC + bootmii installed (IOS)

How did I brick it:
I was at step 7 of this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735&st=0
I remembered it saying "IOS 249 (Rev 12) loaded successfully" instead of "(Rev 5)"
I finished installing all of the IOSes from 1 up to 61 except for IOS35

But when I started on the installation of System Menu 3.2 there was a error.
It was during the download step of the System Menu.
There were 9 parts which needed to be downloaded.
At the end of part 9 there was an error, saying that it could not connect to http://............ (forgot the URL)

I waited for a few minuted and nothing happened, so I decided to reboot the Wii (probably a stupid thing to do)

After rebooting the Wii I first tought nothing happened, because everything in the menu worked and I was able to enter the Wii settings.
It was still on FW 4.0u.

But the problem is that whenever I try to run something, like Mii, Forecast, softchip loader or any other thing, I get a black screen and the Wiimote disconnects resulting in 4 flashing led lights.

I am able to start Bootmii and Homebrew channel.
But when I try to start something in HBC like the wad manager, I get the black screen en Wiimote disconnection.
Bootmii works fine I think, but I don't have a NAND backup of my Wii (I didn't have a Gamecube controller at that time)

Is there any way I can unbrick my Wii?
Maybe trough a update? Or manually flashing the needed IOSes up to 61.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw