Status
Not open for further replies.

herd2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust - thanks for clarification. I do have ARC on my SD card and currently running it now. Will report back with results.

Should i try to update using Waninkoko's 4 updater or be content at 3.2 - In your opinion

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
herd2b said:
Bloodlust - thanks for clarification. I do have ARC on my SD card and currently running it now. Will report back with results.

Should i try to update using Waninkoko's 4 updater or be content at 3.2 - In your opinion

If you need SDHC+wiiware then of course 4.0 is the ideal choice. If not 3.2 is still the ideal choice for softmodded sets since the preloader it has more hacks (region free wii especially)

herd2b

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Bloodlust

Thanks for the help and direction. Using Any Region Changer worked - got me back to 3.2 where I was prior to the update.

All I need to do is install the wad that enables the disc channel to play "backups" and I am set.

Thingmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Davi92- A zillion thanks for this. I cannot believe I'm back home again. lol

Just a quick question for anyone - my unit was hard modded a long time ago. I originally upgraded to 4.0 (Nintendo) - clean, no previous cios (aka the kill me now upgrade).

I followed the instructions in this topic, and now I am able to reinstall wads. Now, forgive my ignorance but what's a good topic with easy instructions so that I can install wads to the SD and back to system memory?

Thanks in advance

jwcgator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
herd2b said:
Looking for a little help - I made it as far as step 10 where I am using IOSDOWNGRADER. When running that it checks the network connectivity and then I get DSI Exception - Core Dump? Am I using the inccorect version of something or it the problem more serious than I thought?

I was hoping/planning on downgrading to 3.2U and then using Waninkoko's 4.0 Updater.

Any help is MUCH appreciated.

Are you using USB Lan Adapter?

Wizard298

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How Can I get this to work if I did not have homebrew channel already installed?

I have wii menu 4.0 now my kid updated from 3.4

How can I get Home brew channel installed I know I will have to downgrade.....

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
RecklessReaperr said:
Is it possible to use the cIOS downgrader offline? my internet is to slow it takes hours to downgrade and i just turned it off.

If you are positive that your wii is ready to be downgraded, you can try arc1.1m5 offline version which already has all the 3.2 firmwares (US/JPN/EU). I downgraded my friend's partially upgraded 4.0 that way. It does not need an internet connection and I did try it out.

I just tried that and I got this error message:

Error! Es OpenTitleContent (ret = -1026)

I don't have the right files? I downloaded anyregion changer 1.1b mod 5 from wiibrew.

MustangGTR

Trophies
Website
burningbullets.forumotion.net
XP
Country
Davi92 said:
Requisites:
- this archive;
- WiFi connection/LAN Adapter.
- Homebrew Channel pre-installed.
No cIOS required!

1) Unpack the archive linked above.
2) Do a full backup of your SD card on the PC, and DELETE everything from the card.
3) Copy the apps folder on the SD card.
4) On the Wii, launch the Homebrew Channel and select CMDVDX34, then pick "Downgrade IOS35", wait for it to end and come back to the menu, then exit.
- If it says "Failed to add title, maybe you already ran this?", find IOS35-64-v1040.wad from a disk such as Brawl-Mario Kart-WiiFit, using downgradehelper.bat or "elsewhere" and install it using WMIOS35 or a regular Wad Manager, then exit and continue to follow this guide.
- If it says that "you're a pirate" delete also all your VC/WiiWare pirated channels (with AnyTitle Deleter or WAD Manager), execute shared2clean and try again
grog.gif

5) Execute downgradehelper.bat in the "PC" folder of the archive and insert 1, it will download IOS36 from NUS and patch it to cIOSv9, then pack the WAD. (alternatively, you can find and use the cios_fix.wad).
6) Copy the cios wad in the wad folder in the SD card.
7) Delete the apps folder on the SD, rename the "apps2" folder included in the archive to "apps" and copy it to the SD.
8) Launch the Homebrew Channel again, and run WMIOS35.
9) Install ciosv9.wad.
10) Exit again, and run IOSDowngraderv1 from HBC.
11) If you want a System Menu lower than 4.0, use cIOS Downgrader
wink.gif

Thanks to comex for DVDX 3.4, to WiiPower for providing a version of the WAD Manager source compatible with the latest devkitPro and libogc and to WB3000 for NUS Downloader.

Thank you, I would have been lost without that!!!! Awesome
bow.gif

UScr00ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acton1 said:
this is how i did it guys work's fine for me
6. run iso downgrade v1 to do the patches

I have no idea what step 6 means. What is ISO Downgrade V1?

All I want to do is go back to 3.2U then upgrade to 4.0 using Waninkoko's updater.

edit: Nevermind I think you just meant this...ISO was a typo
smile.gif

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=111841

felixthecat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, when I run CMDVDX34 to Downgrade IOS35, I

get:

initializing network

net_init failed: -116

- I know I am connected to the internet, as I am first prompted to update the homebrew chanel.

- I can also confirm that the internet is connected by the activity light on my modem and my Lan adapter lights.

- I have also successfully run patchmii online.

I have 4.0J. Using Lan Adapter. Wad manager v1.3 is working.

Q. Is there any other way to downgrade IOS35?

Any advice gratefully received. Thanks
smile.gif

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
RecklessReaperr said:
Bloodlust said:
RecklessReaperr said:
Is it possible to use the cIOS downgrader offline? my internet is to slow it takes hours to downgrade and i just turned it off.

If you are positive that your wii is ready to be downgraded, you can try arc1.1m5 offline version which already has all the 3.2 firmwares (US/JPN/EU). I downgraded my friend's partially upgraded 4.0 that way. It does not need an internet connection and I did try it out.

I don't have the right files? I downloaded anyregion changer 1.1b mod 5 from wiibrew.

I sent you the link for the OFFLINE version that has the firmwares that will directly do the downgrade without an internet connection. Pls make sure your region and console settings are correct first before you proceed otherwise you will end up with a brick.

nkarafo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
When I'm trying to use the wad manager 1.3 for wmios35 (ciosv9.wad), I'm getting error 1035.

When I'm trying to use cIOS downgrader, I'm getting error 1017.

When I'm trying to use IOS downgrader 1.1, I'm getting errors 1035.

Do you know what is wrong???

mblokland

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help,

Have done all steps, downgraded from 4.0 to 3.2 and then back to 4.0. By accident i deleted HBC with anytitledeleter is there anything i can do now to make hbc working again?

Zenith94

1337 h4x0r f0r t3h w1nz
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
RecklessReaperr said:
Bloodlust said:
RecklessReaperr said:

I sent you the link for the OFFLINE version that has the firmwares that will directly do the downgrade without an internet connection. Pls make sure your region and console settings are correct first before you proceed otherwise you will end up with a brick.

That didnt work either, I end up with the same exact error message.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mblokland said:
Help,

Have done all steps, downgraded from 4.0 to 3.2 and then back to 4.0. By accident i deleted HBC with anytitledeleter is there anything i can do now to make hbc working again?
If you have a modchip and you patched IOS60 before upgrading again, you can use this ISO to reinstall it. Otherwise, you have to wait for bannerbomb.

mblokland

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Davi92 said:
mblokland said:
Help,

If you have a modchip and you patched IOS60 before upgrading again, you can use this ISO to reinstall it. Otherwise, you have to wait for bannerbomb.

Ok i give it a try a report back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think they stopped making it due to disks exploding lol