• Replies 208

raptor5001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
exilizer2k said:
I tried Descent_1 (which works on PC version of DOSBox), but get a crashdump instantly after loading...
I'd love to see this one on the wii...
smileipb2.png

Playing with the settings now...

[EDIT:]
Changed the DOS4/GW extender to DOS/32A and now it works... Slow, but it works :-)

Maybe this one helps with other games too, as DOSBox seems to have some issues with DOS4/GW

Download this http://dos32a.sourceforge.net/
and run sb.exe /r GAMENAME.exe. This will exchange the extender...

Thanks for that tip! I suffered the code dump, which really depressed me since Descent is one of the most amazing games ever on DOS. I just hate that it's so slow. Launching with "descent -320x240" seems to help, mainly it just makes the intro screens load much faster (Interplay, Parallax, those ones). But the project is young, so I'm just happy it works.
yay.gif
But hey, the music is much less choppy than on my PC, haha.

ThaKillerKlown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Street Rod 2 is working. Sound works on Normal setting (PC Speaker) but not Adlib setting (Soundblaster, which is better). It works on Adlib setting when I run it on my PC using DosBox. Any ideas what I should check/change?

I wonder if Seventh Guest will end up running on the Wii. How BAD ARSE will that be?

Mrmatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dune 2 works... sound is a bit broken...
edit: on loading with new version this craches on title screen

Warcraft works but slowly... probably needs the cycles to be set...
The Incredible machine works...
The incredible machine 2 works...

windows 95 img loads splash screen but then goes to black. i assume its the same thing as for windows 3.1

with 3 of the games i am having problems with the mouse it seems to get stuck in points on teh screen not allowing you to move around freely... after wiggling off and on the screen for a bit you can get to teh whole screen just kinda breaks teh flow ALOT. i dont know if this is a problem with the games or DOSBox as its happening in a few of them.

Theme hospital the intro video plays SLOWLY then black screen? maby just long ass loading time? i got fed up after like 10 mins...
Dungeon keepr, you can mount the iso correctly but it black screens on the setup
transport tycoon black screens on both the setup and on just running tycoon.exe
C&C just code dumps for me
feilds of glory black screens on setup

exilizer2k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Levente said:
Sashabel said:
keyboard work fine for me

Do you connect you USB keyboard after you start DosBox Wii?

I have to start DosBox and afterwards I have to plugin the Keyboard. Doing so is the only way getting my old Logitech Cordless PS/2 model, attached through a PS/2 to USB converter to work

Levente

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
exilizer2k said:
I have to start DosBox and afterwards I have to plugin the Keyboard. Doing so is the only way getting my old Logitech Cordless PS/2 model, attached through a PS/2 to USB converter to work

YES, only this way works my new but noname usb keyboard too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast +1