sleep.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AFAIK, the plans are to release an equivalent to the WiiBrew Edition with patching and other stuff enabled, via HW_AHBPROT (I don't know why on earth IOS58 is being mentioned at all, it has nothing to do with patching in any way)

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
SifJar said:
AFAIK, the plans are to release an equivalent to the WiiBrew Edition with patching and other stuff enabled, via HW_AHBPROT (I don't know why on earth IOS58 is being mentioned at all, it has nothing to do with patching in any way)

Better USB2 compatibility without using a cIOS?

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PabloACZ said:
SifJar said:

Generally, unless you have modded your Wii IOSes completely for some reason, the only IOS you should need to patch is the IOS that the System Menu uses. For SM 4.3, this would be IOS80. use of the HW_AHBPROT flag and a patched IOS36 intalled as IOS236 cover all other needs, other than softmodding for USB Loading or the like. Dop-Mii WiiBrew Edition does not allow you to patch IOS80, however there are alternatives to Dop-Mii until the main code trunk gets updated. Pimp-My-Wii, ModMii, and MMM to name a few.

Something to note, concerning Dop-Mii WiiBrew Edition v14.2, it is missing entries for IOS21(rev 1039), IOS22(rev 1294), IOS28(rev 1807) and IOS33(rev 3608).

-[]D

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mike333 said:
Riley said:
Use MMM to patch.
I've heard rumour that MMM contains some evil trojan which bricks wiis at every 13th friday.
There is no source code available of MMM so we cannot be sure for 100% no matter what author of MMM says.

I herd u can get teh herpez from patching ur IOSes is it true?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PabloACZ said:
SifJar said:

I know what IOS58 does. Re-read my post, your reply makes no sense. People are talking about dop-Mii using IOS58+HW_AHBPROT to patch IOS. This is nonsense. IOS58 has NOTHING to do with patching IOS, only HW_AHBPROT is needed for that. So to summarize, your post was completely pointless.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mike333 said:
Riley said:
Use MMM to patch.
I've heard rumour that MMM contains some evil trojan which bricks wiis at every 13th friday.
There is no source code available of MMM so we cannot be sure for 100% no matter what author of MMM says.
*slap* to the face.
what kind of bs rumor is that?
Wiiwu has contributed a great program to the scene, only a hater would come up with a retarded reason such as "evil trojan brick"
get outta here man.
not you in general, the bs rumor you brought up.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
SifJar said:
PabloACZ said:
SifJar said:

I know what IOS58 does. Re-read my post, your reply makes no sense. People are talking about dop-Mii using IOS58+HW_AHBPROT to patch IOS. This is nonsense. IOS58 has NOTHING to do with patching IOS, only HW_AHBPROT is needed for that. So to summarize, your post was completely pointless.

I wasn't talking about patching abilities at all. I'm just saying that people is using the IOS58 in homebrew applications to gain more write/read speed and better compatibility with USB2 devices without having to use a cIOS. The perfect example is CleanRip: you can use any IOS, but you'll get better dumping speed if you use the IOS58.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another alternative utility to add to the list. R2-D2199 has released Simple IOS Patcher based on ht Trucha Bug Restorer codebase. Works well as an alternative to Dop-Mii until it gets updated.

Description from the source site(Google translated, app is English though):
QUOTE said:
The Simple IOS Patcher is a modification of the original Trucha Bug Restorers. Its functions have been simplified and repaired. For patching is only the natural HW_AHBPROT Flagset the current Homebrew Channels needed and he also works on the Wii's system menu 4.3.

He can patch IOS36, IOS60 and IOS70 IOS80 among others, the Trucha bug. To follow the onscreen instructions.

Current version: 1.0
-[]D

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PabloACZ said:
SifJar said:
PabloACZ said:
SifJar said:

I wasn't talking about patching abilities at all. I'm just saying that people is using the IOS58 in homebrew applications to gain more write/read speed and better compatibility with USB2 devices without having to use a cIOS. The perfect example is CleanRip: you can use any IOS, but you'll get better dumping speed if you use the IOS58.

That is precisely my point. I was talking about patching, as that is the ENTIRE topic of this thread. Your post made zero sense in the context and had no useful contribution to the thread.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
SifJar said:
That is precisely my point. I was talking about patching, as that is the ENTIRE topic of this thread. Your post made zero sense in the context and had no useful contribution to the thread.

QUOTE(SifJar @ Sep 21 2010, 03:13 PM) I don't know why on earth IOS58 is being mentioned at all

That's what I was trying to clear, and maybe that's why the IOS58 is being mentioned so much. I really don't have nothing else to say; just wait, recompile the app with those changes or try MMM. I'm just fine with DOP-Mii v13.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PabloACZ said:
SifJar said:

QUOTE(SifJar @ Sep 21 2010, 03:13 PM) I don't know why on earth IOS58 is being mentioned at all

That's what I was trying to clear, and maybe that's why the IOS58 is being mentioned so much. I really don't have nothing else to say; just wait, recompile the app with those changes or try MMM. I'm just fine with DOP-Mii v13.
That does not explain in any way why it is being mentioned in this thread.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
SifJar said:
PabloACZ said:
SifJar said:

SifJar said:
I don't know why on earth IOS58 is being mentioned at all

That does not explain in any way why it is being mentioned in this thread.

Captura04DopMii.jpg

No IOS reload on the app = it uses the same IOS from the HBC. Considering it is now by default the IOS58 and that a lot of people got it installed, it isn't strange for anyone to be confused. I hate to repeat myself, but I just wanted to make that clear, nothing else, really
wink.gif
. Arikado said he would continue developing DOP-Mii with patching abilities separately. Why don't we wait, then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0